HELP! Added vinegar to soil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HELP! Added vinegar to soil

Hello guys, as my title says I accidentally poured white vinegar in the soil, I had the bottle of vinegar right next to the water one, was stoned and didn't realize what I have done, the worst thing is that the vinegar stayed in the soil for about 3-4 hours, when I came to the grow room I saw the plant already starting to lean down and I realized the catastrophic mistake that I have done and quicly flushed the whole plant with water and after I have added nutrients, the thing happened last night and today the plant has gone from bad to worse, last night I have tied the plant to a stick so it can stand but today her head with all the first 6 leaves have leaned down and it's hanging at the moment, it is only 2 weeks old almost. At least I am happy I only did this to one of them as the other 9 had a good moisture in the soil and I wanted to water just this one wich is the biggest. Now I know it's a very very stupid mistake I could do and I am just waiting for my baby to die 😔, do you have any suggestions what I can do to help her or to recover it from this? The strain it's a white widow and besides that shes fallen I don't see any other signs on the leaves like burns or yellowing or changes of color on steams, just fallen on one side, Do you think I have any chance for it to survive? Thank you for taking the time to read and I appreciate any suggestions, just never do it to your plants Lol.

I have a water that I use for drinking bought from a shop it's ph it's 7.8 so I will use that one and will make more drainage now.

Comment

Mine neither it's actually a really easy to grow strain, first time when I try it and all of them are doin very nice, just once added nutes in 2 weeks and watered them only once more besides the time when I added nutes and they are still doing well, no fuss with them, just watch them do their own thing, I love this kind of job lol. I just flushed it with that 7,8 ph water, will see how it is in the morning, made 4 more holes at the bottom and tried to squeeze a little bit the pot so it drains all the water out, anyway the soil it's really good it drains really fast, 1 second to the run out of the fluids so I hope this will help her 😔 mine are not auto but I will see at the end of the it how it will look and definitely will let you know. Thank you very much for the advice by the way.

Comment

Oh my god, you made me so happy lol, I really hope it will get back on track as I invested enough time and money for it to go the wrong way, I use a mix of 2 soils and one of them it's a fast drainage one the other it's more for the nutes I got in it as it's organic, and I use LED lighting for them, at the moment just one big panel as they are small and can get enough lighting but hen they grow a lottle bit more I have already prepared an HPS 600w system for them to have everything they want I am just waiting for them to make their own thing at the moment, if it's not dead in the next 2-3 days then I still have some hope, that's why I don't prefer auto because any mistakes you do you can fix them and just buy some more time, where auto you just get a low quantity in case you are stupid like me when you get stoned lol.

Comment

Probably will be a 7 litres ome as I want to grow some good roots for them and from my researches I have seen that a big container makes some lazy roots eith less ramifications and that's why I still keep them in this small one for another 2 weeks because the roots are stimulated to search for more space and they grow really fast and strong, I hope that it will be a good one for the plants and they will be happy, if I see any signs I will go for 10 litres one for sure but I want to try it with 7l one first.

Comment

Is she still alive? Have you considered transplanting and shaking the current soil off (ouch). I know it's really stressful to try that on top of the vinegar but my gut is remove that soil. I don't know enough about soil science but since soil buffers, I'd be afraid the soil is at least partially contaminated. Good Luck!
            4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• Sheesh
              Sheesh commented
              Editing a comment
              I almost went back and changed it to rinse it, you're right not a great idea!

I have made some research into this and from what I found the effects of vinegar are conpletely gone in 24 hours, that soil becomes perfect for planting even most sensible plants so I am not sure aboit transplanting it especially after what she's been trough right now, I think that maybe with the high ph water it's the best thing I can do with it at the moment, if I would have yought about that last night it might have worth the effort and stress but at the moment she would probably die in my hands on the transplant, she is still alive but barely can say that so far, even the leaves are hanging now but that could be because she had 2 flushes in the last 24 hours and it's stressed. Thank you for the suggestion tough, much appreciated!

Comment

The plant it's still alive lol, still no changes in good but none in bad neither so I still have hope xD

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X