New Grower Here Plant is Stunted growth Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grower Here Plant is Stunted growth Need Help

My plant randomly stopped growing she was the biggest at first because my small one was stunted because the seed was stuck on it like a helmet but then my small one grew bigger while my big one stayed the same and turned darker green not sure what is going on but it has not grown for 3 days any help is helpful

The soil looks different in the 2 cups.
    If the sun always shone
    How soon the tree would wither
    -- Confucius

Comment

it is the same soil not sure why the picture made it look different might of just been the angle of the camera flash

Comment

How often are you watering them?
        If the sun always shone
        -- Confucius

Comment

its probably different colors from different moisture are you checking ph before watering them and aer making sure not to over water?

Comment

Watering one time a day the ph has been checked at first i thought i was over watering so i slowed down watering it last night that is most likely why the soil is more dry then my bigger one i was watering the same as my normal one but nothing changed in 3 days so assumed it might be getting overwatered

Comment

• freddyyola
              freddyyola commented
              Editing a comment
              i meant the soil, is different colors because they are prob not the same wet/moisture levels.. they dont need any nutrients yet.. so just water when the top inch or so gets dry itll look like brown compared to the darker brown from when its damp or wet.. so when its a light brown check the top inch and if dry give some water..

• Shankemdirty
              Shankemdirty commented
              Editing a comment
              i Believe the color is different today because i tried giving less water last night so it must of dried out faster the past 3 days ive been giving water the same amount of times as the big one so i thought i would try watering less cause nothing was changing

• Shankemdirty
              Shankemdirty commented
              Editing a comment
              so do you believe it's discolored and stopped growing cause of over feeding also noticed in the middle of the leaves right by the stem the color changed recently to what it is in the picture

you can't tell from the picture but it is dark green my first plant had the same problem at first it was dark green small and stunted but the difference was that the first one had a seed stuck on it and when i got it off and started giving it more water it took off this one that is stuck was healthy at first was growing fine for a while but then it randomly stopped growing

Comment

was doing everything the same as the plant that is healthy and big same watering times ect Here is the setup i have the plant's living in with the light specs https://www.amazon.ca/PrimeGarden-Re...ords=grow+tent

Comment

Let the soil dry out for at least a whole day before watering again. Your plants are filling up the root space right now. Allowing the soil to dry out forces the roots to search for water. What I do is water to runoff, then don't water again til the soil has pulled away from the sides of the cup. Then water to runoff again. I repeat this process til transplant... anyway, it's not unusual for them to break soil, grow their first leaves & then appear to stop growing entirely for a week or so while the roots are filling their space.
                If the sun always shone
                -- Confucius

Comment

What kind of soil ?
                  If the sun always shone
                  -- Confucius

Comment

i know i am gonna get roasted but i was trying to get happy frog soil but my friend bummed me into getting miracle gro using the seedling blue bag right now

Comment

That's not going to hurt you right now but whatever you do, DO NOT use Miracle Gro soil for the rest of your grow. By that I mean when you transfer to bigger pots, make sure you use good quality potting mix WITHOUT any kind of "time released" plant food in it. Read Nebula Haze's tutorials on the GWE main page. They are easy to read & follow & they absolutely will not steer you wrong. And keep on posting your pics & questions.
                      If the sun always shone
                      -- Confucius

Comment

kk thanks for the info on the soil

Comment

I'd leave that stuff in that yellow bag alone. I use this stuff called Black Gold & I love it. Most folks on here use something else but I can't think of what it's called.
                          If the sun always shone
                          -- Confucius

Comment

Ace hardware sells a good potting soil... Their brand. Just a silly question, but do you have holes in the cups? Also, what type of light are they getting?
                            Last edited by Pyro1711; 07-08-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

• BillBates
                              BillBates commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Yeah, I meant to ask that too

• Shankemdirty
                              Shankemdirty commented
                              Editing a comment
                              yes tiny pokes in the side of the cup and 4 holes on the bottom for drainage

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                          X