Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yellowing leaves

Hey,

I am having some issues and would appreciate any help.

Grow data:
    3'x3'x6' grow tent
    Veraspecra 450W LED light at 28" above plants
    5 gal fabric pots
    Cyco Coco Pearl General Hydroponics Flora grow, bloom, micro, and Cal Mag basedon the feeding schedule outlined in the how to grow in Coco tutorial found on this site
    temps are a bit high the last week but I am getting that under control. I hit 97F yesterday...
    strain is Lemon Walker

This is my first grow indoors and with coco. The problem I am running into is that my plant is yellowing. It's starting at the bottom and seems to effect the fan leaves more. The tips are starting to brown on a few of the lower fans. I have been testing PH and try to hit 5.5 to 6 but I am sceptical of the little drops and my ability to match the color acuraacely so I have a digital meter on the the way. I only water about once a week and alternate with plane PHed water. I don't get the 30% run off because I am worried about over watering but plan to do a plane water phed flush until I get the 30% next watering. I am thinking the yellowing is nitrogen deffecency based due to PH being out of wack.

See attached pictures.

Can I do a flush once my PH meter gets in with plain water, collect a sample of the flushed water and then right after water with neuts. So in affect I will be double watering at one time but if the coco can only hold so much water will I have to worry overwatering?

Thanks in advance!

First before I even finish reading your post and I will as soon as I post this comment :

if your growing in coco coco you should be watering daily if not twice a day . You can not over water coco unless you put it under running water a leave it there a few days . Coco only holds about 60% if it’s volume in water . And one of its main reasons for use is its excellent drainage and ability to prevent over watering . Your plants will die if you keep this watering habit up . You need to water at least once daily in coco.

Ok ok with that said , you also need to water till run off . Knowing that coco can’t be over watered , there is really no reason not to water til run off . If you don’t allow run off you will get salt build up and likely nute lockout or toxicity. Which is likely the problem your having now .

Campesino can provide you with a much more detailed understanding of coco . But those are to major mistakes your makeing for sure .
    DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

As far as flushing goes . It’s coco. You can run 20 gallon through it and your not going to over water it .
      DWC hydroponics 2.5 gal veg 5 gal bloom / GH flora trio + calimagic, florablend, Koolbloom, rapid start , hydroguard , armor si, diamond nectar, floralicous plus / 600w hps / 48x48x80 grow tent x2 / white widow / special kush #1 / 24/0 12/12. Hopes prayers and a tiny bit of luck.

Comment

Guys,

Thanks for the quick response! I just finished up watering my plants and I'll continue with the everyday water. I just saw all the posts talking about overwatering and how the grow medium top 1" should be dry before you water again. I am going to condition my space cone Friday so humidity and temperature will be controlled.

Again many thanks and I'll read your guide starting.... Now!

Comment

• DankwingDuck
          DankwingDuck commented
          Editing a comment
          Camp is the coco man . If you do exactly as he tells you,you will have success.

I spent yeasterday building a drain system and setting up an auto watering system. I took a lot of insperation from you setup Campesino It's amazing how much my plants have improved in the last couple days following your advice. Many Thanks!!

Comment

I did read it and learned a lot! Thanks for doing the write up in such detail and with refrences. There are a lot of instuctins out there that contradict each other so it's great to find useful info that can be backed up by credible sources. My setup isn't as large but it should be enough for everyday watering for a couple days so I can leave town and not worry about my ladies. I have an air stone coming but other then that it's ready.

Comment

I must have missed the sm-90 and H2O2 section. Is that in your growing guide or your auto watering setup guide?

Comment

Awesome thanks! Sorry for the late reply but I am following your guide and so far so good. I just switched my light cycle to flower. It's crazy how well my plants responded after you help.

Thanks again!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X