Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaf tips browning

Hey all,

So I’ve been noticing some color issues with my plants for a couple days now. The only thing I had changed when it first began was the way I was using my light. Height and such. I changed over to how the manufacturer instructed to use the light. 32” with veg and bloom switches on.

When I first saw the slight discoloration I brought my lights all the way up assuming my plants were just getting way to much light with both switches on. Last night after work a couple leaf tips and slightly browned. Out of pure nervousness I shut the bloom switch leaving only on Veg.

I’m hoping that this was the issue, but I’m really not sure. Has anyone seen this before? And can anyone offer me any recommendations?
    2x4x6 Vivosun. 3gal Fabric Pot. Coco loco & Kind Soil
    Viparspectra 450W
    Aurora Indica (Nirvana) & Shaman (Dutch Passion)

Plants love light, and can take a bit before saturation you will usually notice it on the top tips first.
    I'm thinking it looks more like a calcium magnesium deficiency do you feed a any nutrients? any Cal Mag?
    is your kind soil on bottom and your coco on top?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

I have KindSoil on bottom 3lbs and coco above how their website suggested. I’ve never added any nutrients.

if you do believe it’s a nutrient issue do you have any recommended brands I could purchase?
      Last edited by Valerian; 06-20-2018, 07:27 PM.
      Viparspectra 450W

Comment

• Mr.furley
        Mr.furley commented
        Editing a comment
        I think that your plants roots should have reached the kind soil and that it's getting what it needs for NPK but may need a little cal-mag, your margins are lite in color from the first picture. D.A.A.S.69 is the resident kindsoil Guru and can give you the best yep or nope if to use/need cal-mag with coco/kindsoil mix.
        You water according to the directions with no run off?

Correct! I water just enough to get my soil nice and moist, but never to run off.

Can’t wait to hear the words of wisdom from
      D.A.A.S.69 !
      Viparspectra 450W

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        @Valerian,, I am far from a Guru at growing, but I am pretty good at smoking ,lol
        What kind of water are you using ? And a little bit of water, is not good, you want to put your hand under your pot next time you water, and when you feel it is getting wet-damp on the pots, bottoms stop, before you get run-off. Some people use saucers under their pots to wick up any run-off, so you want lose all the good stuff in the Kindsoil.
        If you are using RO, water, you surely need to add Cal-Mag ,to your water.
        I'm thinking all your plants need is a good slow watering, where it all gets damp-wet. Pick up your pots before your next watering, it will be very lite weight when dry, next water until the bottom of your pots get damp, now pick up your pot again, it will be much heavier, from all the water, then dont water again until your pots are lite weight. And I got one of those 450vipars, they work fine, but I would bring it back down to about 20-22inches away from your plants.
        I use tap water ,but I still use 3ml, a gallon of water of CalMag, every other watering.
        Cal-Mag is not going to hurt anything, and like MrFurley says, that could be your
        problem .
        GoodLuck Valerian

I live in a rural area and all of our homes out here use well water which can be really tricky when it comes to what’s in it at a given time. I’ve experienced a lot of weird things because of the well water with the all the other flowers and plants I grow. So moral of the story for my grow I only use distilled water since it’s the only thing that’s truly controlled.

It is funny you mention watering though because I’ve never used coco before so until the other day actually I watered like I would water soil, but with a fear for runoff. 3 or 4 days ago I did my first good watering where I picked up the pots and made sure I watered enough till my pots felt very slightly damp. Though I will continue doing this from this point on. I’ll also go to the store today and grab some of those run off trays and some CalMag.

Thank you so much everyone! I truly appreciate all the insight. I’ll post back in a couple days to let you know how they turn out.

Last edited by Valerian; 06-21-2018, 03:26 PM.
      Viparspectra 450W

Comment

Hey guys a few more pictures for you all my Shaman strain seems to be getting back to normal I think, but my aurora still seems to be feeling it. Excuse the bit of leave damage my plant got caught while moving the pot around.
        Viparspectra 450W

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X