Newb Grower, what to do next?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newb Grower, what to do next?

Hello, I am very new to growing. I decided to try it out this year in my greenhouse. This is day 52. and i think they are too small, and the leaves are turning yellow. Can i get some guidance on what i did wrong, what i can do to correct it, for now or next time. Any guidance and feedback will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Photos were taken 2 days ago.

White Widow x Big Bud

Hello EL, we need more information to be able to help you .
    Are you growing outdoors? Or with lights, and what kind of lights ?
    What kind of soil ? Are you checking ph, both in An out ?
    Does your pots drain good?
    What are you feeding them, and how often ?
    Stuff like that helps alot, otherwise ,you will get a 100 different diagnosis's, or guesses.
    @el12341234,,
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Greetings! Without the info D.A.A.S. mentioned above, it really is tough to say. But it looks as though your containers are definitely too small if you're growing in soil!
      Last edited by Baphomatt; 06-13-2018, 01:08 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

Welcome, el12341234

What to do next?

TRANSPLANT!!!

They probably should have been potted up around day 9 or 10!!! So you are 40 days late there and will be pretty seriously root-bound. This is causing most of the other issues - or at least will prevent you from fixing the other issues.

Comment

I beleave your due for transplanting now ! It may clear up the yello leaves. If not try some cal- mag. After transplant. I Like the bell humidity domes. 😎

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
            Hello EL, we need more information to be able to help you .
            Are you growing outdoors? Or with lights, and what kind of lights ?
            What kind of soil ? Are you checking ph, both in An out ?
            Does your pots drain good?
            What are you feeding them, and how often ?
            Stuff like that helps alot, otherwise ,you will get a 100 different diagnosis's, or guesses.
            @el12341234,,
            Thanks all for the replies and welcome.
            I'm growing in a greenhouse but have considered moving outdoors (too late now im guessing)
            I'm not sure on the soil it was some multi-purpose stuff, i don't think i did enough research, its like algebra to me, so i decided to just go with it. I've not checked or know how to check ph levels
            I think the perspex underneath the pots is holding some water, but its very quick to dry up. Had some very warm days so far
            I am feeding them something called Superthrive, every other day, but only just started with that, maybe a week or 2 ago.

Originally posted by Campesino View Post
            Welcome, el12341234

What to do next?

TRANSPLANT!!!

They probably should have been potted up around day 9 or 10!!! So you are 40 days late there and will be pretty seriously root-bound. This is causing most of the other issues - or at least will prevent you from fixing the other issues.
            I was considering moving them to a bigger pot, but did not know if i should wait to see roots out from the bottom of the pot or not.

Are these a lost cause now? are they too small for 52 day old plants?

One bonus is i did plant some new ones roughly a week ago. So i'm hoping to correct some mistakes i may of made.

Thanks all for the help.

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              I would still transplant them. They'll be stunted for a while, but may recover with TLC.

Be sure that the soil that you are using is good quality and DOES NOT have time release fertilizer. If you use time release fertilizer you will have serious issues later in the grow.

Spend some time on the main GWE site and read the tutorials!

Thanks for the feedback, they seem to be growing a lot better now, i have transplanted them twice and here are the results a little over a month. Any feedback, tips or tricks would be appreciated greatly. Thanks.

Edit: sorry for the bump btw. I don't know if i should of made a whole new topic or continued this one.
            Attached Files

Comment

you shouldve topped them long ago but i guess you still can do it now just watch a youtube video on topping its pretty easy.. and if i it was me id clean up the bottom few inche, take off the fan leaves from the bottom and any of the lateral branches that are shorter than 5-6 inches that way the plant can put more effort up top where it counts.. same thing for the top when you top it, since send the nutrients up itll send it to the sides and thats how you get a bushy plant instead of what you got right now.. what you take from the top and bottom can be turned into clones for the next batch..

Comment

id clean the bottom part i marked in black out since it wont become anything itll be a waste of energy and clean up some of the fan leaves if they are blocking light from getting to the other bud sites.. other than that they look good!

Comment

Sweet ok, thanks for the feedback as always greatly appreciated, i should still top the plant? Apologies i'm very new to all this

I believe i have about 2-3 months left before i reach flowering stage?

Do i need to do anything with these auto's too? whilst there young

Attached Files
                  Last edited by el12341234; 07-20-2018, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X