Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pictures of seedlings need help identifying issue.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alright well here Is an update. So haven't watered and inside a finger deep it's just barely Starting ti ask for More Water. Appears drainage Is a big issue, which Is weird because same soil on a malr plant had no issues. I have some updated photos, i Will be mixing the soil and transplanting tomorrow . The Clover Is also now growing. Honestly hard to tell much difference but i think now the plants are better and were waterlogged. Will post another update sunday.
    cheers happy saturday

Comment

• Antonio92
      Antonio92 commented
      Editing a comment
      freddyyola clover

• Redwasp
      Redwasp commented
      Editing a comment
      Red clover. Attracts wildlife. Alomg with turnips.

• freddyyola
      freddyyola commented
      Editing a comment
      yeah ima do a mix of clover and a few more things id have to double check dont remember what all comes in the mix but ima grab a mixed bag of cover crop most likely if not ill buy a couple bags to mix together

hey guys if yall are still having those poblems its for sure over watering i slowed down the watering and the yellowish leaves started to green up and nothing else was dying or yellowing and i transplanted this morning also so in 3 days i should see a nice boost i learned a big lesson this time, you only need to give seedlings ph water for a good 2-3 weeks before you need to worry about feeding and all the extra stuff... also cant keep your soil too wet a little damp is good roots need air in between feedings! man if only i didnt go through so many beans to find out but i still think alot of my beans were trash... and ffof needs extra perlite!

Comment

• Chefbjy
      Chefbjy commented
      Editing a comment
      Lol ffof needs something alright... Idk if perlite is the answer though. Mine dries up pretty fast in a 10 gallon fabric pot I'm watering every other day almost. If you let the top of the soil dry out enough (knuckle deep) it should be fine to water again... However seedlings don't need much water at all really, a cup at most. When your plant fills out the pot is when you want to increase watering to run off.

i mix perlite and extra worm casting into my ffof but my next grow i might just mix my own soil.
    this being my first grow and me not having much money to throw into it yet i just grabbed a bag of ffof to get going..
    but yeah ina fabric pot id guess you dry out alot faster than my plastic pots
    since it cant breathe it holds water longer and it wasnt drying out enough in between waterings but
    i got it dialed in better now and they just had a growth boost i also transplanted into ffof perlite worm casting mix this time before i used it with just a ffof and a little worm castings which you can make work
    i just like more perlite in a plastic conatiner hopefully itll love the new soil and bigger pot that and better watering should be good!

Comment

Well another update the plants are yellowing and looking worse....idk What to do at this point feel like they Will die

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Morning 92, young plants, like yours only need about a cup of water every couple of days, poured in a circle, right around the stem, you must make sure that your PH, is right when watering them.

• freddyyola
        freddyyola commented
        Editing a comment
        are you checking ph? and are you sure you are not under or over watering that was my biggest problem i "thought" my ph was ok and it wasnt! and i over watered at first.. sad cause now i got no seeds left 3 i had left fucking got messed up cause im stupid..

yeah what daas said lol i didnt read it before hand

Comment

Ya kinda in Perú so haventh oficcialy checked ph just estimation with baking soda currently looking for ph tests. Can't upload my photos wish i could.

Comment

• freddyyola
          freddyyola commented
          Editing a comment
          yeah i can bet thats the probnlem then i did the same thing u must have a ph pen to grow quality bud

• freddyyola
          freddyyola commented
          Editing a comment
          amazon they are cheap or i guess alibaba for you the cheap pens are about 10.00 usd

Finally getting a hold of some litmus paper for monday hopefully, the soil i also mixed with styrofoam , ir seems my soil had a bit of Clay in it. The better quality soil that i have for the 5 and 10 gallón jugs doesn't have hardly any clay so ttansplanted my plants to their larger buckets. 2 of the plants' roots were encased in hard clay, the 3rd was good on roots but perhaps the Water ph Is What was stunting it.

Comment

yeah clay contains alot of micro nutrients but it holds water so you its ok for a tiny amount but you dont want it sitting on clay that will make it sit in water

Comment

like water will pool up on top of clay cause it cant soak through

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X