Leaves are weird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves are weird

My Shaolin Master auto/fem has started to have the leaves look like this. I took pics in the progression in which it starts. Nothing I have seen looks quite like this. You can see how small the leaves are when they start to look weird.
    I've used very few nutrients, I do ph my water to between 6.0-6.5 and have been adding 1 tbsp of black strap molasses per tub of ph'd water to water out of, like my last few grows. I water only when I can't feel moisture when I stick my finger all the way in the dirt. I don't water to runoff, got used to not doing it with Kind Soil.
    I used Kind Soil on my last grow and it was wonderful, too bad it's not free, because I couldn't afford it for this grow. I am using something called Magic Dirt, it's supposed to all natural organic, with worm castings and it says on the bag that you don't need to feed. There are no nutrients listed on the bag as ingredients. For the top soil, I have a mix of organic compost and perlite (about 80/20). The plant is huge, my camera won't take pics that show it, so I can't help there. I've had to tie her down repeatedly. It's been in flower for about 5-6 weeks so I figure that in 3-4 weeks I'll be ready to harvest, but although I have plenty of flowers, nothing looks like it's getting to the bud stage. Maybe I'm wanting too much too fast, but am pretty patient and let things take their time. Any help will be greatly appreciated. I want my plants to look like they did when I used Kind Soil! I swear I'm buying a bag every month even if I don't need it so I'll have it!!!
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    1- 60w cfl for germination
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Kind Soil 5lbs per 5 gal pot
    Compost (80%)/perlite (20%)
    Seeds:
    Shaolin Master auto/fem Harvested
    Kush auto/fem (planted 5/13/18) Harvested
    Sweet Soma auto/fem ready to go into her home soon (kind soil)
    Northern Lights auto/fem, put in soil today, waiting for forever home soon.

I think you are going to have to provide nutrition and start watering differently. The soil you are using is obviously not providing the same nutrition that Kind Soil did. The pictures and your description all suggest a plant that needs significantly more nutrition than it is getting.

Comment

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      I just looked back into the grow tutorial and see that I need low N, med to high P and high K. So I'll try that and see if I can't get this girl turned around and on the right track. Thanks!

• Campesino
      Campesino commented
      Editing a comment
      There are many options. Nebula does a good job of reviewing many of the most popular ones for soil in this Tutorial: https://www.growweedeasy.com/soil

Also, you will need to start watering to run-off. Super-soils like Kind soil are different and you were doing the correct practice, but if it isn't super-soil and you are fertigating (adding nutrients to the irrigation water), then you should water to run-off to prevent salt build-up. Run-off washes away salts that are left behind by evaporation.
      Cheers

• bluecanoe
      bluecanoe commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Campesino, I got into the habit of not watering to runoff and now have to change horses in midstream! From now on, it's Kind Soil all the way!

Since my last post I took a day and drove for over 3 hours looking in every garden center I could find for a proper nutrient. They just don't have what I need down here. Ended up buying some off of Ebay, should have done that in the beginning. I fertilized the plant once, and the leaves are already looking better. I am alternating fertilizing with watering with molasses. The plant is wanting/needing water every 3-4 days. Today it got its second fertilization. So it's been fertilized, watered, and fertilized.
    After I got the low N, med to high P and high K fertilizer I realized that my other plant was still in veg so I had to find yet another fertilizer for it.
    I'm learning to water to runoff, something new to me, but it'll be okay, I'm a fast learner.
    Each month starting with this next month, I am ordering Kindsoil whether I need it or not! I won't go through this again and I'll just donate the fertilizer to someone who grows a garden. There's no way I can use it all.
    I'm germinating another seed (Diesel auto/fem), because hopefully in a couple of weeks my biggest plant will be healed and ready to harvest and I want another plant to go under the light as soon as I harvest.
    Current grow:
    2-300w led lights
    2- 5 gal fiber pots
    Seeds:

Comment

It’s that stupid shipping fee,I just can’t get past it $$$$ 😤😖

Comment

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Potted, I hope you're feeling better. I hate the shipping too, but you know, if I had ordered the Kindsoil in the beginning, I wouldn't have spent the money on the original soil, $30+ on one fertilizer and $10 on the other! So in actuality, buying Kindsoil and paying the shipping is cheaper in the long run!!
        I'd much rather just ph water and wait for the plants to grow, than use 1/2 tank of gas and most of the day looking for nutrients that nobody has and everybody wants to know what I'm growing that I'm needing that mix of nutrients for in a non-legal state, and spend my time measuring nutrients and waiting for runoff....it takes all the fun out of it!

Thank you for sharing your experience. I use kindsoil too.
      Because it works lol. I keep my eye out for something on the same level but less expensive , maybe produced locally. Until I find it, kindsoil it is.
      Good luck.
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        I've seen several but they all have to be shipped because they are not available near me. Old Jar Head said he's used something called Greenfields that he likes, that's cheaper, and can buy near him. Sadly I can't. And if I grow some awesome buds I can send Phil a pic and get a coupon for some $$ off if not free.

I've got a question. I have to water my plants in the next day or so. This watering will be with ph'd water and molasses, no fertilizer. I've noticed since I fertilized the smaller plant that's in veg she has pistils coming out.
      Question is this: Since she's starting to try to start flowering, when I fertilize next time, do I fertilize both plants with the bloom fertilizer or do what I've been doing at least one more fertilization cycle?
      Like I said I alternate fertilizing with watering and just need to know if I wait to see actual flowers before I switch from veg fertilizer to bloom. I've come this far, gotten them back from the brink of death and don't want to eff it up now!

Thanks!
      Current grow:
      2-300w led lights
      2- 5 gal fiber pots
      Seeds:

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Usually when it's in transition both bloom and veg nutes are used. Then following week just bloom. What did you get to feed? I'd see if I could find a chart from the company.

• bluecanoe
        bluecanoe commented
        Editing a comment
        it is called bloom fuel with an npk of 2-8-8. It's all I could find. Fox Farms wouldn't ship to me for some reason (not because of PO Box, just said they couldn't). I found a powder that was 0-34-32 but it scared me, I didn't want to mess the plant up. What I got has helped since the first fertilization.
        The other for the veg is organic and what the tutorial said to use. I can't remember the exact numbers but it's what is in the grow guide for NPK.
        Today they were watered, and in a few days I have to go through more changes and make bloom and veg nutes and soon I'll be harvesting the big plant.
        I'm not a fan of nutrients.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X