Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checking if my growth is going well on my first grow!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Checking if my growth is going well on my first grow!

Hello there!
    First, thanks again for all the help i've been getting on this forum that made this possible so far, its been an amazing month of learning a new skill thats been giving me great joy, right now i think i'd grow cannabis just for the kick of it, because its been really challenging and entertaining, it surely trains your ability to keep yourself calm, even if i didnt love to smoke it so much, i'd love the experience of growing it!
    As title says, this is my first grow, so everything is new for me!
    The plant in the left, the one with bigger leafs, is Money Maker Auto, and germinated on the 2st of May.
    The plant on the right, the one with more kolas, is White Widow Auto, and germinated on 26th of April.
    I'm starting to worry abit, or maybe just growing too impatient, as i believe they should be starting to flower by this time already, and im wondering if im doing something wrong??
    They're growing on a DIY grow room, with 450w LED panel from MEIZHI i found on amazon ( i'm in Europe and i couldnt find viparspectra here ), im using Canna soil, and i did the extraction method myself, with old computers fans and a DIY carbon filter aswell ( i'm a engineer/graphic designer/photographer so i consider myself a very handy and resourceful person, i like to have things made by myself ).
    To be honest, i didnt add any nutrients because i didnt find anything cheap and decent and i'm afraid to over nutrient them, and i dont control humidity or temperature, but here where i am, Madeira Island, in Portugal, the weather is pretty much perfect from what i have found here in these forums and other places i've been reading about this.
    Thanks in advance for all the help, if i can at least get 1g per plant i'll be really happy with the results, i already ordered q gyrometer and smart pots, so for next grow i'll be controling the ambient more, its a learning trade which i will for sure excell, just, slowly! i'd rather do things right slowly than putting all effort at once, this way i keep learning better from my mistakes and know what i'm doing wrong instead of faling for having so much more attributes to wonder about.
    Hope u can help me, thanks in advance!

Hey dude !
    Welcome to the forum , I am also new here and love it already. I just wish there was a few more members to get quicker and more response. But I guess the only thing we can do to achieve this is to act polite and writing interesting and useful threads

I think they look really healthy, can't see any nute or ph burns.
    keep on doing what you are doing, maby try to add some nutrients. You have a powerful light and healthy plants so they will thrive in some extra nutes.
    I promise, you'll get more than 1 g from each plant

Like you I studied to engineer and see myself as handy and innovative. I think you should take these skills to the test and build an RDWC. If you think its exciting how they grow now, you'll be amazed how they thrive in an hydroculture. You will probably also appreciate the total controll.

When you are doing hydroculture you can see yourself as good or maby a magician. You provide what the plants need and they grow by your command.

Holla at me if you need any help/inspiration on how to build an RDWC.

To end with: your first grow looks really good so just keep the good work up. Next time you maby have an RDWC and will be growing something more advanced than autos.

if you look at my profile you can see my first hydro grow. I'm also growing white widow (feminized).

Peace out ! 🍁☮

Comment

• Dr.Moggs
      Dr.Moggs commented
      Editing a comment
      After a closer look it looks like you maby have some problems with your leaftips on the white widow. Can you upload a close up?

If you want to it to flower I would give it an extra long night and after that a 12/12 light schedual. Since you're using LED you need to lower the light during flower. I have my lights (more powerful than yours) between 20-40 cm from the plants.

Originally posted by Dr.Moggs View Post
    Hey dude !
    Welcome to the forum , I am also new here and love it already. I just wish there was a few more members to get quicker and more response. But I guess the only thing we can do to achieve this is to act polite and writing interesting and useful threads

I think they look really healthy, can't see any nute or ph burns.
    keep on doing what you are doing, maby try to add some nutrients. You have a powerful light and healthy plants so they will thrive in some extra nutes.
    I promise, you'll get more than 1 g from each plant

Like you I studied to engineer and see myself as handy and innovative. I think you should take these skills to the test and build an RDWC. If you think its exciting how they grow now, you'll be amazed how they thrive in an hydroculture. You will probably also appreciate the total controll.

When you are doing hydroculture you can see yourself as good or maby a magician. You provide what the plants need and they grow by your command.

Holla at me if you need any help/inspiration on how to build an RDWC.

To end with: your first grow looks really good so just keep the good work up. Next time you maby have an RDWC and will be growing something more advanced than autos.

if you look at my profile you can see my first hydro grow. I'm also growing white widow (feminized).

Peace out ! 🍁☮
    Yes, in the beggining i was using tap water with close to 9ph, after changing to water with 6.3ph, it went all good, but the burned leaf tips stayed! forgot to mention that part

Comment

• Dr.Moggs
      Dr.Moggs commented
      Editing a comment
      Good job! Looks like you have a great success with your first grow, like I do !

I am using techniques like SCRoG and super-crop even with my first grow and it's amazing how you can train the plans for the wanted result.

If those are autos do not change to 12/12. Can do 18/6 20/4 or 24/0. And unless im looking wrong they are starting to flower.

Comment

• Dr.Moggs
      Dr.Moggs commented
      Editing a comment
      This was New to me, but i dont know much about autos.
      Sorry for the missinformation fvckinginfamous

Originally posted by Redwasp View Post
    If those are autos do not change to 12/12. Can do 18/6 20/4 or 24/0. And unless im looking wrong they are starting to flower.
    they are in a 24/0 light cycle right now, since day one, and both veg and flower always on aswell.
    Lets hope u're right about the flowering

Comment

• Dr.Moggs
      Dr.Moggs commented
      Editing a comment
      Maby I should say no more since I was wrong about the 12/12 light. But maby you should introduce the plants to 20/4 light. I believe some good night rest will serve them good. (Just an idea)

You are doing just fine now that you have the ph issue fixed.

Comment

Good Morning ,famous, , yeah that's kinda scary, when you don't see pistils between days 20-30.
      But one looks like she's flowering pretty good, and the other one is just starting.
      Autos need all the light you can give them, mine get 24-7 light.
      But alot do 20-4, 18-6,
      But you are doing a nice job, mate.
      PS, that sounds like a beautiful place where you live, I bet its nice.
      You might want to give them some molasses or teas, it will really help your soil and plants.
      If they don't start flowering properly, put them on 12-12, and they will sure start flowering in good in a week or so.
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 06-04-2018, 11:05 AM.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

fvckinginfamous Welcome!

Your plants look great and Yes, they are starting to flower!

You are going to have to start providing them with some nutrition! Which "Canna soil" product are you using?

Cheers!

Comment

Jus wanna thank everyone for the continued support! my anxiety has definetly slowed down abit!

Comment

On a good note, yesterday I went and bought a thermometer/hygrometer, and apparently both temp and humidity are just fine, good!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X