Lots of pistils, buds not growing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Lots of pistils, buds not growing

my plants seem to be producing lots of pistils but buds are not growing bigger.
    Coco coir potting soil 50/50
    Fox farm trio 3/4 dose twice week
    Viparspectra vt300 100% bloom/veg
    H2o daily with 3/4tsp molasses since bloom
    Vegged about 8 wks.
    Bloom on its fifth week.
    Space is a modified fridge about 23 cubic feet.Click image for larger version

Name:	20180526_140413.jpg
Views:	572
Size:	1.71 MB
ID:	207897Click image for larger version

Name:	20180526_140628.jpg
Views:	600
Size:	1.52 MB
ID:	207898 also does any one have a clue as to this plant other than its most likely a pure sativa? Click image for larger version

Name:	20180526_140659.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	1.92 MB
ID:	207899

Patience...
    It'll come.

WHAT???
    5x5 grow space
    900w of Vero's and F-strips
    4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

I thought I was just being too anxious....I've had a lot going on and even though I give it so much of my time (mainly just admiring it) I feel like I dont give it enough. Thanks for the response.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Mogrow, welcome to the forum!! We all feel that way, and I'm always blown away by what happens in the last few weeks of flower.

What strain is it? My jack herrer photo is doing the exact same thing....haven't even really gotten any stretch on it either since flipping the switch to 12\12 on April 21st.

Comment

Strain unknown. I was hoping by the end someone could closely i.d.. it....lol....as gbauto said patience. My luck its a 12 week flower. Its at 5 in the pic.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          It is a sativa, and they are known to be slow growers, no one will be able to tell you what strain it is though.
          You just got to have patience, and she will supply you with some killer smoke, in another month or two.
          Good Luck and Welcome to GWE

Oh yes, patience....wait till you get nice fat buds and your looking at the tricks every 3 hours asking yourself if it's done yet...lol

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. I have been keeping a grow journal to post on this site.BTW this site rocks!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Mogrow, you are welcome, and yes this is an awesome site. There is plenty of excellent growers on here. That's been growing a long time, plus you got nebula, if you still can't get an answer, I guarantee you Nebula knows. And will be glad to help.

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            What DAAS said!! This is a great forum to participate on.

She looks beautiful to me. Did you count flowering time from the flip or start of the first pistils? Flowering countdown does not start until first pistils. I had 1 girl take a very long time to switch to flowering. And some strains do not stretch much at all.

Comment

Here i found one of mine with a slow start. She was flipped 2 days before yours.

Comment

Man not sure what you smoke but aurora indica i think you would like.

Comment

Fox farm trio 3/4 dose twice week
                Mogrow This is not the best way to get buds to fatten. You should apply fertilizer with every watering and probably dramatically increase watering (Fertigation) Frequency. I fertigate my plants in 50/50 Coco Perlite 4 times per day. I also put together a guide about growing in Coco that you will find in my signature. I discuss the theory and practice behind high frequency fertigation and the best ways to manage Coco to maximize yields. Check it out and I am happy to answer questions.

Comment

• Campesino
                  Campesino commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I initially misread and thought your 50/50 was coco/perlite. I see it is Coco/soil. I am curious about the soil and if there are any other amendments such as perlite. I can still offer you advice about fertigation, but you won't be able to follow the exact rec's in my guide.

When you're not seeing your buds fatten as much as you like, one of the best things you can do is add more light. Is it possible to add a second LED or even some CFLs in there? Here's a little more information about encouraging the plant to make as many trichomes as possible with its genes. Your plant looks really healthy, which is great at this week of the flowering stage, and all the pistils/hairs are still sticking straight out, which means buds have a lot more fattening to do before harvest time

There can also be huge differences between different strains and how they grow/how fast their buds fatten. These three plants were grown together in the same environment without any training from germination. Even though they were treated exactly the same, they are different heights and at different stages of development. Similar to height, you can have huge differences in bud development.

Example of 3 different strains grown together in the same setup without any training - look how different their heights are from each other!

Your buds are looking good so far, and still have many weeks to go in the flowering stage for this strain

Comment

Thanks everyone. I did solve one issue. My roots were very bound up, so I just cut the bottom and stacked it on a larger potter. I read this helps to not shock the plant as transplanting might. I used the same soil coco mix with some small stones for drainage. I do hope to soon get another light. But I will incorporate my 65w flouros. X2 into the mix in the next few days.

Thanks again to all of you for your advice. I was having second thoughts on my next run but I am preparing for it daily. I am definetly going to try some auto strains with a faster seed to harvest ratio. Any suggestions? I work a lot of hours so maybe something easy.
                  THANKS AGAIN EVERYONE.
                  ​​​​

Comment

Carmalecious, ak47, white widow, white lsd, green crack, lemon og. All great strains in autos. MSNL, Nirvana seeds are both good places to start your search. Not so many strains that it gets confusing but always have whats currently popular. And the descriptions are spot on.

Comment

Thanks redwasp.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X