How to get the sticky off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to get the sticky off

This may sound stupid to newer growers but has anyone found an easy way to get the sticky off after dealing with flowering plants? Do you just wear long sleeves and gloves? Nothing will take that off.

Howdy Redwasp, When I need to remove the 'sticky' from my fingers, I just use some plain alcohol based hand sanitizer. It takes it off very fast and completely. The best way is to make 'bugger hash' (rubbing the fingers together and 'rolling' the resin into small balls to remove it, then it can be smoked (usually very good stuff!) LOL! but it works, takes a little time to remove it all. But if You want to clean Your fingers quickly, then the hand sanitizer, or rubbing alcohol will clean them faster ( but nothing left to smoke!)
    Good luck in Your growing.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Regular rubbing alcohol (get the 99% or at least 90%)
      Most of us try to preserve trichomes, and avoid touching our flowers, unless it's harvest time.

What are you doing in there to get all sticky?

Comment

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Was clearing out some leaves. Day 34 after shifting to 12 hours. About day 25 of flowering.

Well i may have a few more than most so losing a bit is cool.

Comment

Comment

• Redwasp
          Redwasp commented
          Editing a comment
          Zoom in on her and you will see why you caant get near her without getting sticky.

• KingKush
          KingKush commented
          Editing a comment
          Ah... I see lots of oozing resin on her, the extra sticky kind. Someone claimed it to be "the stickiest natural substance in existence"
          Pine Sap is close: parking under tall spruce or fir trees we get drops of sap on the paint of cars, tough to remove without dissolving the clear coat also.

When you have to stop what you're doing because fingers and body parts start sticking together, you must be farming some trichomes. Nice looking bud, thanks for the pic.

Isopropyl rubbing alcohol, the +90% kind works well for me, without hurting the skin too much, and evaporates cleanly.

• KingKush
          KingKush commented
          Editing a comment
          I wish I could get pictures more detailed like that just off my iPhone. What equipment did you use for the pic?

Android. Lol

Comment

alcohol then my wifes vaseline intensive care / advanced repair works well.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X