PPM/In and out

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPM/In and out

Campesino was this for you? Ok i forgot to save the ec numbers sorry i know you prefer that. Anyways water with nutrients going in at about 980ppm with current nutrients. Comes out 1170 to 1240. With just pure PhD water comes out 1130 to 1170 the next time. Foxfarms says their soil holds nuts better than coco coir and those recommendations are for real soil only. I dont yet know if those numbers are good bad or ugly. But i told you i would send it to you.

The phd plain water is 65.

Comment

Glad I found this!
      Yes, the link we were at is here: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...u-need-to-know

I think that Chefbjy will be interested in what FF told you.

In terms of the numbers, I'd rather know EC, because there are different conversions to PPM, but... I put in 600 PPM and get out about 725. GH recommends 600-800 for my current stage of growth.

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        Redwasp what did they say about it holding onto nutes? Did they say what can reside in it i.e. npk or supplements? It seems to hold a high ppm/ec even after a flushing agent like florakleen is used. I've already decided to stop using ffof because of this. Drowning my plants is out of the question πŸ˜†. If transplanting into ffof is what I had to do I would flush the crap out of it before I potted. Thanks for the mention Campesino.

Ill check ec next 2 waters.

Comment

• Chefbjy
        Chefbjy commented
        Editing a comment
        This is what I read.
        Can I mix your liquid and soluble fertilizers with other manufacturer’s products?
        Using FoxFarm fertilizers with products made by other companies could result in burning or nutrient lockout. For best results we recommend that you Keep the Family TogetherTM. Our products are designed to work together and complement one another, so our research and development team has created feeding schedules for a variety of growing environments. These feeding schedules will give you clear instructions about how and when to use FoxFarm fertilizers together for outstanding results.

But I agree it might not just be nutes. There is high ec in the fresh soil I transplanted into hoping my flush brings it down.

• Redwasp
        Redwasp commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes i use ffof which is high in nutrients to start with. I dont use many nutrients at first. I slowly ramp them up which seems to work well. I watch my plants closely. I just added the ec/ppm to have a better understanding of why. I had 1 plant out of a lot get nutrient burn so starting to take note. When i figure it out ill post my results/ideas. I do get better yields and quality than alot so maybe it will help others with some hard numbers. Ill start recording ec and ppm from now on.

Campesino i have the same meter you recommended if that helps.

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        OK, yes that does help. Your numbers are pretty HIGH

What EC/PPM does FF rec for their line at your stage of growth?

Its actually higher than i prefer. Let me see if i can find it

Comment

Am I reading their numbers wrong? These seem really high.

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          YES! They seem outrageously high!
          Likely because the mean inflow EC is lower as they rec interval flushing, but still.
          3.0 EC is too high! I can provide numerous references to back that up. See below...

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Idk how they get those numbers when the soil starts off with a 4.0 ec outflow. Maybe you can check against my meter if you have any fresh ffof laying around to check it's ec run off. But my outflow numbers are between 1.8 and 2.2 now after flush in flower room. 3.0 after flush in fresh soil.

General EC Recommendations for Cannabis
        Ref: https://www.alchimiaweb.com/blogen/e...vity-cannabis/

Comment

Source: https://www.zambeza.com/blog-the-per...-cannabis-n140

The best EC readings vary throughout different stages of the cannabis grow cycle:
          * Seedlings prefer 0.8-1.3.
          * Clones 0.5-1.3.
          * Vegetative stage 1.3-1.8.
          * Flowering stage 1.2-2.0.

Comment

Source: https://www.maximumyield.com/master-...ring-ec/2/1425

During the vegetative growth stage, it’s best to keep the EC in the 1.2-1.6 range for most plants.

If the EC rises above 1.8 during the vegetative growth stage, just add more water to the reservoir to lower the EC. If the EC is too low, just add more fertilizer. It’s that simple!

Mature plants can handle full-strength nutrients as they enter the flowering stage. In fact, there is a direct, proportional relationship between EC and sugar content in the fruit. By gradually increasing the EC during the flowering stage, it becomes more difficult for plants to take up water.

In response, sugars condense in the fruit, and the plant produces more natural antioxidants as plant protection agents.

Comment

• Campesino
              Campesino commented
              Editing a comment
              The suggestion made here is to allow it to rise to 1.8 during flowering, not higher than that.

To understand the basic science of EC, and Osmosis in Plants I really recommend this article.
            h/t DrPhoton

​​​​​​​

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X