Stunted plant it's turning blue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stunted plant it's turning blue

Plants New Growth is coming in so dark green it looks blue plant also looks stunted it's 26 days old and only 5" with a stem that's as thick as a pencil not sure if this is a good thing or not.

Hey Captain, what kind of plant is that, ? An autoflower ? Tight nodes
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

It is possible that your lights are too close and it isn't stretching, the stalk looks quite healthy. You might move lights farther away to see if it will stretch more.

Comment

• CaptGlenn
        CaptGlenn commented
        Editing a comment
        I keep the lights at about 18 to 20 in from the tops of the plant in veg then moved it up to about 24 in in flower light is a 600w LED I use that for vag

I would need to know a lot more...
      What nutrients are you using? How much do you add and how frequently? Anything besides Coco/perlite in the media? How frequently do you water/apply nutrients? Do you measure EC or PPM? Do you know the strain?
      Something is stunting the plant, probably a micro nutrient deficiency, but may be locked out rather than absent. But just stabbing in the dark without enough info! I'd be able to offer other ideas if you can answer those questions.
      I will say that the coco is too dry, IMO. You may want to check out my guide (link in signature).

Comment

• CaptGlenn
        CaptGlenn commented
        Editing a comment
        I have the two OG Kush there in Cocoa perlite worm castings and bone meal four medium I'm using Botanicare nutrients grow CSN 17 and Bloom I've also used a couple drops of superthrive per gallon my lighting for the seedlings I used a 300 watt LED at 16 in and now in veg moved to 18 in both plants have been topped at 4th node will be moving into a tent in about 3 weeks for the bloom phase tent is being used right now with one blue dream one toxic in week 7 just starting week 7 they should be done in 3 weeks then these will go in. back to the to Oggi's that are in veg my PPM are at 350 in the pH I keep at 6.8

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        A couple things pop out in that.
        1. 350 PPM is low
        2. 6.8 pH is High (for Coco based medium)

The combination is likely causing a micro nutrient deficiency. - This could be further exacerbated if you are allowing the coco to dry between waterings - and/or if you are not applying nutrients with all water.

This plant also needs to be transplanted to a bigger pot

Comment

I'm with bk on this one. It looks like the plant has outgrown the container and that will cause all kinds of symptoms. I suggest transplanting to final container and then feed as needed. Campesino is asking the questions needed to help more too.
        4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• CaptGlenn
          CaptGlenn commented
          Editing a comment
          that's just what I did put them in their finished pots fed them with their nutrients I added teaspoon per gallon more which brought the ppm's up to 580 I brought the pH Down 26.3 an added the volume of water per feed up to a gallon instead of a half a gallon per plant all this is in a 4 x 4 x8 tent this is my first grow in Coco I've always grown in soil and soilless mixes before it's a little different in Cocoa but I'm sure I'll get the hang of it
          Last edited by CaptGlenn; 05-02-2018, 05:00 PM.

CaptGlenn
        OK, Sounds good.
        I was less worried about the size of the container than others. Plants don't need a lot of room in Coco. You can grow monster trees in a 4-5 liter pots of Coco. I am confident that pot size was not the issue, but no harm done.
        The PPM is better and the pH is in range, although still high in the range. Since you have been running too high, I would target pH 5.8 for a while for inflow.
        I'll rec my guide again, since you are new to Coco (Especially section 3 on EC, which is on p2)
        Hope your plant responds to the changes!

Comment

• CaptGlenn
          CaptGlenn commented
          Editing a comment
          thank you worked good brought the PH down further down to 5.30 EC's now about 1.7 just that trying to get used to this flood to waste every day it seems excessive I just need to get used to it i guess it's just that they seem so heavy and extra wet.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Run-off does not need to be excessive - 10% run-off is adequate and 30% is excessive.
          I get less than half a gallon run-off per fertigation (total) and I have 6 plants.
          Did you read my guide for growing in coco?

Yes I read the guide it was very good very informative thank you filled in a lot of gaps for me now I need to worry about LST training been reading up with it pretty interesting the way these plants are taking off right now not sure if it's the Coco A&B or what but boy oh boy they're taking off when do I apply scrog netting not really sure how those work never had to use one before I'm glad I got an 8 foot tent

Comment

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          I am glad that they are taking off.

I would probably train them differently, especially in an 8 foot tent. A scrog is really to keep plants short when height is limited.

Comment

well it's been 4 weeks and the girls are looking pretty good very little trouble the canopies are nice and wide flat they're about 20 inches tall result of some LST and super cropping I suppose I do have one odd one in the mix though hash passion regular seeds a long story 4 out of 20 came up didn't want to chuck it so I let it grow with the others. which brings me to a question I have that hash passion in a 3 gallon smart pot cloth fabric type and the roots are starting to protrude from the lower sides of the pot should I leave them be or trim them off. is this a normal thing for them to do in fabric pots? they do seem to work rather well though the passion started out much smaller than the others and is now equal to the big ones and very bushy

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Normal. Don’t trim. Just make sure you have some air flowing around pots.
            Sounds like it’s going great

well it's almost 6 weeks switch them over to12/12 yesterday 2 are looking good but 1 og seems to want to grow faster than others she is stretching way too fast? the tops are very thin and starting to lean it can't Cary it's own weight they are starting to sag outward they haven't started the stretch yet . I don't think it likes the newts or should I say it likes them too much. I have them on a A&B combination don't think I can stop just the a well we'll see what happens

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Morning CaptGlenn, sounds like you need some plant yo-yos, to hold those huge colas up, they are easy to use and work great.
            That's a nice problem to have, lol

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Pictures would help, but stretching like you describe is odd... Is she looking for light?
            Are you using silica?
            I'd recommend Bamboo if you aren't using it already.

Comment

• CaptGlenn
            CaptGlenn commented
            Editing a comment
            the two in front are doing okay the one in the back is the one that is stretching

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Just looks like a healthy growing plant to me!

I'd use supercropping to keep her under control and at similar height to others - or raise others to keep the correct distance from lights.

so on the nutrient the A&B parts so I don't suppose I can back off on part A a little bit to keep the growth down and just keep B where it's at.?

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I wouldn't recommend it. You want the right balance of nutrients for healthy growth. Manage the growth via training rather than slow her down

I'm sure you're probably right I'll end up just raising them up to the same level as the tall one and get a few of the yo-yos

Comment

you can pick those yo-yo things up on eBay they're Rodger. right

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X