Defoliation. Led vs large hps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Defoliation. Led vs large hps

Ok have always used leds in the past. So ive got that down pat. The light gets very weak as it goes down so simple to determing how far down to go. On a 1000watt hps should i remove all mid large fan leaves to let it go deeper? I know to remove what doesnt get light. I know to remove what is to small to be productive. Ive got some plants that are gonna be seriously tall due to the strain. So my question is how to know. Ive read all the sights and pretty sure I uave the answer but any suggestions. Pics of 5 foot tall plus bushs?

My phone changed it large hps

Comment

My experience with indoor lighting is that intensity(ppfd) always decreases with distance regardless of the source. Even with my current setup using 700w of Vero's requires me to use trellis netting to get as even a canopy as I can to maximize cola counts. My neighbor has the same problem with her current grow-super leggy strain so trying to get decent intensity over the plant is a challenge. Some strains really need to be outside where that glowing h-bomb in the sky has enough uumph to get all the way to the bottom .
      WHAT???
      5x5 grow space
      900w of Vero's and F-strips
      4-17gal totes self-made UC system.

Comment

Hids have great penetration. Depending on how many plants are fighting for light and space. With an hps you will certainly get the height if you want to try to keep it shorter use a mh for the first couple weeks of flower. Using lst and supercropping should sufice in letting the lower canopy get light. 1000watt is very powerful but you can take off leaves if you want to. But unless it's blocking bud sites causing humidity issues or restricting air flow you can leave them on. They'll stop producing leaves around 3rd or 4th week of flower so you can prune or defoliate up until then. They won't really miss what you cut off if they are healthy and growing fast but you can't put them back on either if you take too much. You'll be surprised how much light reaches the bottom canopy with a 1000watt hps or mh.
        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-she-s-a-beast

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...1424-shop-grow

Wise man say."Always someone who know more."

Comment

Well i hope the one is near the end of her stretch. I defoliated some on all. Stuck to what has worked. But here are the pics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X