First time grow a little help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grow a little help please

Hello friends! I’m new to this forum but an avid ready on growweedeasy.com. I started growing about a month and a half ago roughly. I have 2 purple Cannabis plants growing at the moment. Here is my setup and then I have a few questions.
    1x led 450w light in a 2x2x4 tent
    2x 5gal fabric pots w/ coco coir and perlite
    nutrients are the flora series along with Cali-magic
    also have big bud for coco
    both girls are started from seed then transfered

one is really taking off and the other is a little behind

the one plant I have fimmed and now I have in total about 8-9 places where it’s growing from now. I have topped 2 places and fimmed one. Not go By any further with that one just going to let it grow. The second one I just fimmed the other day and now waiting.
    One the first plant I had to remove a lot of the leaves as it was taking over the bottom quite a bit. Then I noticed I do t have enough coco in the pot. When I water them I see lots of roots. Also the second plant has a root growing out kinda looks like grass growing. Is that a problem? Should I cut it or leave it alone? I would like to have a Scrog net as the one plant is doing great but I need more height out of it. I will update this post with pics when I get home.
    Mom using nebulas nutrient schedule for coco coir.

Thank you you in advance

I can say ( without pictures(please) that healthy plants show roots outside of smart pots 😊 do not cut them..They will Pass on their own.
    Have you filled the smart pot to the top with coco/perlite? Roots can show at the top ( I would rather they didn’t) but if you can top off your pot that is an option. I’m subbed..eager to see your pictures. No idea of what “grass growing” can be. What brand of coco and perlite are you using?
    Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
    Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
    GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
    photoperiod feminized seeds
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
    http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

Hello Carrachu, yeah like Tika said it's hard to try to help you without pictures, but I can tell you ,that if you can afford it, I know cash is tough some times, but with your Led in a 4ft. tall tent, your gonna have your work cut out just keeping them tied down, to keep from burning -bleaching your plants,
      I've tried 4ft.tents your gonna need at least 18inches from your plant and maybe more depending on what kind of light you got. That means your plants can't be very tall at all. But you might can do it if you work hard. But a foot or two taller tent ,you'd have it made.
      Good Luck with your grow.

Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

As a new grower to Coco, you may benefit from reading my guide... Link is in signature. I do things differently than Nebula, but try to give good explanations why. Don't get me wrong, I love Nebula and have learned a ton from her and this site.
        In any event, it's there if you are interested and I am happy to answer questions.

Thoughts in response to your Qs
        1 You can add coco. Just be sure to buffer it first. As an alternative, you can add a layer of perlite at the top. It will stay in place better and doesn't need buffering.
        2 Apply your water slowly to avoid moving the coco around too much
        3 Are you sure that it isn't grass growing? If it's a root leave it alone
        4 Scrog nets prevent vertical growth, they don't encourage it
        5 If you want more height or growth out of your plants you should read my guide!

Cheers!

Comment

• Chefbjy
          Chefbjy commented
          Editing a comment
          Agreed. There's always more to learn and success is measured by what has been learned. I think you should keep the scrog idea if you want to grow in that shorty tent. Unless you have another area to get height. They will double if not triple in size once you flip to 12/12.

• Campesino
          Campesino commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah, Wow - Good call. Chefbjy I didn't notice the size of the tent!
          I think it will be an almost impossible challenge to grow under LED in a 4' tall tent. Definitely keep the scrog!

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Morning Camp, I've grown in 4ft tents with Leds, even without bleaching or burning them, But it's was the most work I've ever done growing mj. There's no way in hell, I'd ever do that again, you gotta have a taller tent.

Hi Carrachu!

450 watt in that tent is overkill. I have same zise tent, I have a 300 LED and had some light burn issues even with exhaust and good airflow. Had to raise it to the max. Good luck! ✌
        Current Grow
        Power Plant | 2x2x4 Tent | FFOF Soil | BP Cal-Mag | FF Trio Nutes | 300 LED | Temp R/H Gauge | Humidifier | Fans | 2 Gallon Smart Pot | 4' 190 CFM/Speed Controller | 4' Carbon | Passive Intake

Comment

Morning Carrachu, like I said earlier, your tent is way to short, my friend, you will be worrying more about burn-bleaching your plants ,than growing them, way to hard, when an extra foot or two in height, will let you relax, and watch em grow.
          Good Luck with whatever you decide, but with a 4ft tent, your gonna have your hands full, even with a scrog, or training.
          Cfls for a week or two
          315lec for everything else
          Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Really couldn't agree more!
            I am totally out of vertical room in a 6.5' tent!

Hello all! Thanks for the fast reply’s!!!!

i took your advise and ordered a 2x4x6ft tent. That is the tallest I can find without breaking my budget or wife beating me. Lol
          pictures are coming tonight after work.

I will add perlite to top up the fabric pots. Will that root start making another plant?

Pics coming please bare with me!

thank you

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            This root thing is curious, waiting for pic... But no, it will not develop into another plant... if in fact it is a root

Sorry it has taken a while to get the pics. Was having an issue with the laptop but all working now.
          Here are some pics. The bushy one is about 10-11in tall and the other is 8in tall. I also noticed I have white fuzz on the side of my fabric pots? Is this mold? and how do I get id of it?
          The girls might look very bright green but its my camera flash. lol

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            White fuzz is actually salt deposits that are left as water evaporates. They are not a problem. However, your coco is really far too dry and that is not great for the plant. Coco should not get so dry that the top layer changes color to lighter brown.
            As I suspected, that is not a root! It is actually grass, you will want to remove that right away.

Originally posted by Carrachu View Post
          Sorry it has taken a while to get the pics. Was having an issue with the laptop but all working now.
          Here are some pics. The bushy one is about 10-11in tall and the other is 8in tall. I also noticed I have white fuzz on the side of my fabric pots? Is this mold? and how do I get id of it?
          The girls might look very bright green but its my camera flash. lol
          Thanks I will remove it right away. As far as the coco goes I was told that you should leave the coco till at least one knuckle deep to re-water. I water every 4-5 days pH'd to 5.8. How do you pour your water in without it moving the coco and perlite. It likes to dig a hole lol

Comment

Originally posted by Tika View Post
          I can say ( without pictures(please) that healthy plants show roots outside of smart pots 😊 do not cut them..They will Pass on their own.
          Have you filled the smart pot to the top with coco/perlite? Roots can show at the top ( I would rather they didn’t) but if you can top off your pot that is an option. I’m subbed..eager to see your pictures. No idea of what “grass growing” can be. What brand of coco and perlite are you using?
          I'm not sure what brand my coco was as i through out the packaging already, perlite is made from Alltreat. I ended up buying these little coco pucks today and mixed some more perlite to top the pots up. I washed them before putting in. I should have done that as the start but was told to do so. Like I said I'm a complete nube. lol

Comment

• Tika
            Tika commented
            Editing a comment
            The nice thing about growing cannabis is that one's learning curve is steep especially if you read the GWE site, read your newsletter, and ask questions. I still and always will- go back to GWE. If you have a good hydroponic store with civilized staff you can ask questions there too. Main thing - Do your homework. AND if anyone forgets what it is like to be a nube- they don't have the right answers or options. Don't loose heart - good things come to those who make it thru their first grow. 😊

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hello Carrachu, like Tika said, do your homework, and read all of Nebulas tutorials. Your gonna do just fine, and trust me ,your gonna be glad you got a taller tent.

Hello, Here is a few pics of them in there tent. Any suggestions on how to water? Right now I water then hold them till they stop dripping then put back, wait a little and check under neath incase more run off. New tent will be here in a few days.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Huh, There is a thought... Raise the whole tent.
            I am actually in need of a bigger drain because I am installing auto-watering... and don't have a lot of room with just the 3.5" rise of the saucers. My plants completely fill the tent, so lifting them in higher isn't an option. Have been thinking about possible options. Raising the entire tent had not occurred to me. Don't think I can do it, but you could at initial set up. I think I am going to need a condensation pump, but haven't figured it out exactly.
            2.5' may be too tall. I already have to stand up on my toes to get at the girls in the back... But not a bad idea at all!

• Carrachu
            Carrachu commented
            Editing a comment
            Im going to start making it on the weekend but I will have to wait for the tent to get here which will probly be next week. Im very interested in your watering system. Keep me posted, sounds like it would be a great addition.

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Watering system is coming together. I will post a complete write-up in the Coco-Guide and probably on my current journal as well - hope you're subscribed to both of those!
            Had to get a condensate pump for the drain and that alone doubled the cost of the system. Everything else was about $100... So was the condensate pump, but it will provide peace of mind. If I had a little extra gravity I could have saved $100!!!
            Condensate Pump: http://a.co/2oNRQ5A

Here is a couple of pics. Just lst tonight. She coming along great. Going to start watering her once a day. I’m going to build an auto water so I think that will go with my next try at this. Lol

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Not sure if you've seen it, but my system is up and running.
            I am posting about it in my current grow journal first (page 6). Once I work everything out I will make a more user friendly post in my guide.
            Its working great and I am going 3x daily starting tonight, fully automated

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            BTW, nice healthy looking plants

Very nice!! I will read it again tomorrow on my laptop to small on my phone lol. I’m thinking I might try making a pex ring with small holes to give it a spray function all around the plant. Not sure yet. Wait for pump to arrive then play with different things and hopefully get it working. My res is going to be an old Coleman cooler. My run off not sure yet lol haven’t thought that far into it yet.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I was really worried about distributing the water, but it is going in slowly enough that all coco is getting and staying wet, even far from the drippers.
            At least, so far... This is certainly one of the things I am monitoring!
            Yeah, My run-off solution works, but was as expensive as the rest put together. Happy about it though.

A little close up pic of one of my girls

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Beautiful!

How is the grow going?

I think it’s going good. I water everyday swapping tap water with nutrient water. They are pistoling everywhere like crazy. I had to remove some of the fan leaves to allow light down below. I get a few very tiny leaves that are shriveled but those never get any light and I’m not concerned with those. I know I shouldn’t have topped and fimmed so much on the one girl she is huge!!! Height wise I thought they would put grow the tent but I don’t think she is done stretching just yet.
          I finally got my plans all drawn up for extra height and auto watering. Just need a little time to complete it.

Comment

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            I thought you were following my guide, but I am glad that you are having good success regardless.
            Cheers

• Carrachu
            Carrachu commented
            Editing a comment
            I will be following your guide when i do the new grow after this one. Wife said to continue with what I was doing and see what happens, Experiment basically but with a llittle help I got the girls going well.
            I think if i follow your guide they will be alot taller and I don't have the room for it yet. And I have to figure out how to use my EC pen. Some tutorials I read are a little hard to read. lol

• Campesino
            Campesino commented
            Editing a comment
            Do your thing!
            If you ever want my advice, just let me know

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X