Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR Slow start?

Hi all,

I am very much a growing newbie and I had hoped to do a full log of this first grow but I just haven't had a chance to get it written and now I'm concerned about how slow it seems to be.

I germinated my first seed last Saturday morning (10th) in the paper towel and it had spouted a taproot by the afternoon of the Sunday (36 hours or so) I carefully got the seed planted into a solo cup and saw the first leaves emerge from it around 48 hours later and the first serrated leaves the day after that.

This is now 10 days from first getting the seed wet and it doesn't seem to be as far along as images of other plants around the same age.

There also seems to be a bit of a problem with the next pair of leaves in that there only appears to be a single leaf.

I'm only watering when the soil feels dry (2 - 3 days) and there is plenty of runoff. It had plain water (PH 6.0) for its first couple of feeds and had 1/4 strength nutes (Canna Coco A + B and CalMag) on Sunday night. I've seen no change in colour on the leaves so I think it's ok in that respect.

It is on 18 - 6 under a full spectrum LED @ 30" distance temperature is around 28°c daytime and 20°c night. RH between 60 and 75 but it has been as low as 55.

Am I being paranoid? Is it too soon to say for sure if there is an issue?

Thanks

Meant to say - the seed is a Fastbuds Northern Express auto flowering.

Thanks.

Comment

Ok, thank you for the reassurance about the growth rate. I guess I've just read too many grow diaries and compared slightly different ages if others don't count germination as well.

Self topping.... Ok that's a new one to me, thanks for the link, I'd have to agree that is exactly what it looks like.

I think that while everything else is still looking good in the plant and I can currently see new growth at the base of this single leaf I'm happy to let it do it's thing and then make a decision when it's a bit more clear how badly this going to effect the plant.

I'm going to have to pull my finger out and get a grow log started since it might be an interesting one!

Thanks for the help guys!

Comment

• Canuck147
        Canuck147 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your autoflower is right where she should be - well almost, should have put her in the final pot first.
        I had 3 germinate the same way and popped on the exact same days as yours. Mine look the same, only difference being is my girls are setting out their roots in a 5 gallon fabric pot.

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hello DJ, you might as well start your grow journal right here ,now. Cause I think you might have a nice seedling to work with,
        She could turn out nicely, if she has topped herself.
        My Mephisto SourCrack auto, I'm growing right now topped herself at the first node, but she's not doing to well, she was f-cked up from germination. But she's smelling good.lol

Hey there DJ, I agree to wait and see. Often seedlings start out funky but end up being just fine and in a few weeks you won't be able to tell there was ever an issue. One thing to be careful of is over watering. IMO, don't water to runoff yet and no nutrients for a couple of weeks. For seedlings, just use a shot glass or so and water in a circle out around the drip line. If you saturate the medium when they are young the seedling could damp off and fail. Just my two cents, she looks healthy. Good luck!
      4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X