• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Red Stems HELP

Ok im a new grower, this is my 4th crop. Current set up:
    Closet Indoor 4ft.x5ft. (20sq.ft)
    Current crop still Vegging.
    300w Niello Full Spec (Veg+Bloom ON) and 2 2x32w6500k "Daylight" t8 bars. Lights are 28" from the canopy line.
    Temps: 64-80 (Night to Hot Day) RH: 40-55%
    No co2 measurement or supplementation.
    More than one type of growing medium so i will not go into complete detail but all water is PH'd as per medium (Soil, CoCo, Mix)
    Watering Scheduele: Water - Nutes - Water - Nutes (for coco and soil)
    Always 20% runoff to reduce salt and mineral buildup (I use Fox Farm)
    Watering once a week, maybe twice on the biggest plant. i lift the pots and check knuckle deep to test the soil dryness.

I have multiple questions/issues and they all kind of tie into one another, For my first 3 crops I was using a 2000w Full Spec. Chinese LED that was about 40" from the canopy. I was still using this light until earlier today as a final attempt to rid my poor plants of the "Red Stems" mentioned in my title. All 4 crops ive grown in this closet have had these same bright red stems that turn pink and purple and are coupled by "woody" and brittle stem growth. My earlier crops were not regulated as far as humidity and temps go, but this one has been from the start. That being said, i noticed with this crop that the red stems only start when the plant gets taller, more toward the light.After weeks of thought i have narrowed it down to the 2000w just being too powerful and switched it out for the 300 on Both specs at 33". Does this sound plausible? I also have this crazy bubbling on my leaves and a slight "Taco" that makes me think they are being overwatered but i do not water them until they are almost bone dry to the pot lift. Ill include pics of everything.

Thanks everyone for your time.
    Last edited by Snowman0127; 03-19-2018, 05:20 PM.

Leaves look fine. What strain is it, maybe its a strain that exhibits red/purple stems. I know you said youve had a few grows and that it seems to be happening over and over. I almost never worry about a little red on my stems. Im more concerned with how the leaves look.

Comment

I've frequently had red/purple stems in my grows and have been a successful home grower for a couple of years. Why do you think it's a problem? Your girls look fine.
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X