Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Grower? Seed Germinated, Won't pop up from soil.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Grower? Seed Germinated, Won't pop up from soil.

Hello, I am new to the forums here and have already got a bunch of useful information from growweedeasy.com. I have started a grow in a box. Just for my wife and I basically so nothing huge.
    I followed instructions I was given but think my seeds became over saturated. Steps Below
    1. Germinated 2 seeds in paper towel, Critical Purple Auto germinated fine and got about a 1/2" tail.
    2. Placed germinated seed in Jiffy Pellet after I soaked it in water for 5 minutes to expand. Put it in tail down only about 1/2 inch in expanded pellet and covered lightly with dirt from pellet.
    3. Put the jiffy pellet in net pots with bottom of net pot touching water in DWC tub. Leave light off two days then start lights and should see sprout pop up by then.
    I Think the pellets got way to wet as it has been 7 days and no action, I took corrective action about day 4 and took the pots out of water and let them dry out but I think I have ruined my 1st two seeds. I might not even be approaching starting these seeds for this hydro setup correctly. Thanks in advance for any advice or answers!
    Grow Space: Small Cabinet 20"w X 4'h
    Medium: Hydro Bubbleponics
    Nutes: GH Trio Flora
    Light: LED 300 Watt MARS Hydro
    Current Grow: Inside; Critical Purple, Tangerine Dream/Outside: White Widow,MOB

Your methods are pretty close. I would suggest getting them to break the surface in a propagation tray or similar first, its a bit easier.

But I think you are right in thinking over saturation.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Ok great, thank you! Going to do a practice run on some seeds my buddy gave me before I go buying more if these don't pop.

Comment

• Campesino
        Campesino commented
        Editing a comment
        Agree with over-saturation - which is an issue in peat
        Also, If you germinate in paper towels and already have the tap root, you should not cover the seed head when transplanting to peat or soil or anything. Just point root down and leave seed head at surface to see the light.

Cool, thanks for advice on tap root!

Comment

Hello, instead of starting another topic. Here is another question. I am getting ready to add nutrients to my dwc tub thing. Is the proper method to empty tub completely (needs to be done anyway) and then add water figure out how many gallons it takes and then calculate the nutrients by number of gallons in tub and mix the nutrients right in the tub. Or am I supposed to fill tub with clean water and mix nutrients in seperate one gallon container and just add some of that periodically. Thanks for your help!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X