Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Checked everything. Mystery problem/looking leaves.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Checked everything. Mystery problem/looking leaves.

I'm growing autoflowering Amnesia Haze in soil, currently in flowering, in textile pots. I've been feeding water with at least 2 days in between, with nutes never over the specified values, sometimes feeding half, and sometimes none. I'm keeping my water pH between 6.2 and 6.7. Using a 600W led light on a 18-6 cycle. My humidity level was varying recently since flowering between 50 and 68. The temperature never went above 26 Celsius (78.8 F) and never under 21 C (69.8 F).

After finishing the vegetative state, the plant started developing brown spots followed by yellowing of the leaf. The appearance was not beginning from the bottom, just randomly, maybe the ones that received more light I'm not sure. I have two plants of the same kind, same age, but one of them is a dwarf and just now after 3 weeks in flowering started showing the same problems. I also noticed the yellowing begin from the steam or veins of the leaves and then spread from inside out.

My guesses are:
    - chlorine toxicity
    - strange overwatering ( i haven't feed them for 5 days and the soil was plain dry and the leaves drooped after watering)
    - nutrient problem ( should i try no nutrient?)
    - my pH meter is broke?

I also found another interesting problem. I cut my textile pot on the side and the outer soil was dry about an inch and then wet. Is it possible due to my watering technique to have created water canals in the soil or something(I tend to put a lot of water at once) that may lead to these types of symptoms?

Thank in advance everybody.

I find using these helps much more than getting outside answers. Atleast you can pinpoint your issues better.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

It is a bit odd that the pots are dry on the edges.... I always flood my pots with as much water as will flow into them without running over the top or splashing. I would definitely recommend changing up how you water so the entire pot gets a good soak.

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. I've raised the light higher and put the pots in a better place to water them more carefully. I'll be back with an update with I find something.

Comment

Make sure your ph pen is accurate and you can also try a flush. It's possible you're doing everything right but there is salt buildup preventing or limiting uptake at the roots.
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

It's calmag deficiency man..Autos need a lot of it.. I battle it as well.. Give calmag every time you give something at least full dose.. I give double dose most times

Comment

So did you ever figure out with certainty what this was?

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X