Hermaphrodite question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hermaphrodite question

Wow what an interesting first indoor grow! I started with 5 plants. 3 mystery seeds, a bag seed and a OG kush. The mystery seeds all ended up msle. My OG kudh has nice buds starting all over. Now to my new problem. I've stressed my bag seed so bad that it has turned into a hermi. Very interesting to see but I don't want to pollinate my big girl. The hermi is not very big but if I cull it I will be left with 1 plant in my little 20"×32" tent. 400w HPS.
    Is it possible to pick the pollen sacks off when they just start to grow before they do any harm? It looks like the tops of the branches have buds with nice white pistols but lower on the branch they also have pollen sacks.
    Has anyone ever tried removing the sacks on a hermi or should I just kill it and not take any chances it screws up my big girl?

Howdy jtcn1965, First of all, I do not see the pollen sacks in the photos. In the first photo, the lighter colored spot looks like it could be a pre flower (female), but is too early to tell for sure. second, I have read, and from my personal experience, when the nanners are showing, they have all ready produced their pollen, so plucking them off would be 'closing the gate after the cows got out'!. If you do not want to risk cross pollination, the only option is to remove it from the growing area. On the other hand, if it is a female plant 'gone hermie' and pollenates other female plants, the seeds will, most probably be female seeds. I am on my second grow using hermied seeds and all have turned out to be female plants from them.
    Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Wait and verify before you commit patricide. Uh make that Patricide.
      Last edited by starramus; 03-06-2018, 12:52 PM. Reason: i toopid

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        Phantastic! LMAO!!!

Hi DW2. I found some pictures of pre flowers and they look like what I'm seeing. On the higher branches I definitely have white hairs and flowers. I got worried after my 3 mystery seeds were male. Before tossing them yesterday I looked closer and the pollen sacks are a different shape. Yah! Still have 2 females.
      Thanks DW2

Comment

• DW2
        DW2 commented
        Editing a comment
        I hope that I have helped out. The main thing that I would like to say is, that if the plant is female and does produce nanners (hermies) then the seeds will produced female plants. The seeds can only be male if the pollen comes from a male plant, like unto humans, You need both a X and a Y chromosome to produce a male, but when one only has the X chromosomes, it will be female (the seeds, that is).when my plants hermied and produced seeds there was not a 'ton' of seeds produced. On one grow, a yield of 6.38 ounces of bud, there were only about 120 seeds and the quality of the bud was good.
        good luck with Your grow.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X