My leaves are turning yellow purple stems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My leaves are turning yellow purple stems

36 days into flowering and they were perfect last week. Haven't had to give them any nutes all through grow just fox farm and started molasses week 2 of flowering. Thinking it's a nitrogen deficiency. Purple stems have been there but haven't done anything for it. Magnesium problem? Also I waterered them after this pic and they are perked back up and a lil greener. First time grow btw...

They need nutes, fox farm doesn't last the whole grow. You can't use too much nitrogen this late in flowering. They still need potassium and phosphorus though. Cal/mag wouldn't hurt either.Molasses is good also. Nice buds btw.

Comment

So do you think she can still bounce back? So add the potassium, phosphorus, calmag? Are there any nute bundles out there that would fix this? Thanks man!

Comment

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        Hawaiian Bloom great PK and any cal mag product is fine. they are all the same.

Can I just add phosphate and magnesium and be fine? Or should I add little nitrogen?

Comment

You still need a little nitrogen at this point but the plant is taking it from the lower leaves since your deficient. Fox farm nutrient trio have enough nitrogen to get you through bloom but they dont recommend "Grow big " during last 4 weeks or so of flower. There is enough nitrogen in the plant and the other two nutrient bottles to get you through to the end. Use cal /mag also.
        How often do you water? Your plants look dry.
        Last edited by Dutchman1; 03-06-2018, 10:13 PM.

Comment

• Johnnyboy22
          Johnnyboy22 commented
          Editing a comment
          I have been watering every 3-4days. I added some Epsom Salt (magnesium sulfate) and phosphate that was recommended to sprinkle on a couple tbs on top soil and water in and also sprayed foliage with a micro nutrient iron based. Should I do away with using these products and just stick to the fox farm nutes? Tiger bloom and big bloom? I can buy those today if needed.

I was told to put a couple tablespoons of each around top soil cover with soil and water in I was going to do this every two weeks with adding molasses every other watering on a 3-4 day watering schedule? Should I change anything? Maybe just go buy the two fox farm nutes instead with the molasses?

Comment

• Waltermelon
          Waltermelon commented
          Editing a comment
          The fox farm stuff works, but I'm a fan of cutting edge solutions or Humboldt county's own. I tried the foxfarm and for what it is, I think it's over hyped. Especially if you're going to grow a few more lady's in the future, I would look into some of the other nutes manufacturers. Also instead of the super phosphate, look into mono potassium phosphate. You can get 2lbs on Amazon for $14. Just a teaspoon a gal works well.

I will definitely look into it for next grow. I'm hoping she can bounce back. I put two table spoons of phosphate and the magnesium in soil. I purchase the tiger bloom and big bloom. I mixed 3 tablespoons of big bloom and 2 teaspoons of the tiger bloom in one gallon of water. I'm planning on feeding fox farm nutes every 3 days and just molasses and water every other watering.

Comment

It does seem like the nutes that I have added have helped and the main root is a light green (greener) and there is some new green growth on lower branches. Just wanted to update with some pics. Looking for any more advice and how long my problem will last? Will my stems turn to green ever? They stayed like this almost entire grow. Any thoughts on how long I have until flush?

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Your going to be fine. Your almost there. Remember you get some yellowing and loss of leaves from the bottom as you near the end of the plants life. The feeding should help, give cal mag if you have it. Water once, feed once every few days and youll be fine.

Maybe two to three more weeks total judging by the bud picture. So flushing in a week or so. maybe a little later. Dark hairs should curl in more.Check the trichomes if your able. Dont panic, you gonna make it !

Comment

Update: I flushed this pass Monday but still have white pistols coming from the top of all my buds. Wondering if I should keep them going? I have looked at trichs and mostly milky id say 30% amber. Any recommendations or comments?
            Last edited by Johnnyboy22; 04-08-2018, 10:25 AM.

Comment

Update: I flushed this pass Monday but still have white pistols coming from the top of all my buds. Wondering if I should keep them going? I have looked at trichs and mostly milky id say 30% amber. Any recommendations or comments?

Comment

Johnnyboy22 This is a quote I found in this article here concerning Foxtails on weed plants. "What about when buds keep growing new white pistils over and over? This is another version of foxtailing that is caused by heat and light stress. If it's only happening to the parts of the plant closest to the light, that's a sign that it's being caused by stress instead of genetics"
                Now, I could be wrong, but perhaps this is what you have there and perhaps it's what's causing the new white pistils to keep coming out? In my opinion, I would ignore the new white pistil growth and just get ready to harvest soon. You already have visible amber trichs. I'm not sure what "effect" you're looking to get out of your bud, but IMHO, they look pretty ready to harvest to me.
                Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
                White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Johnnyboy22
                  Johnnyboy22 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I feel that I just don't wanna lose any weight and all my trichomes are still pretty clear to milky. I saw a little on the foxtailing and I also saw it can be a good thing if it's just strain related and isn't showing weird growth. Also seems like my pistols are 70/30 amber to white. I really don't wanna fu&k up my buds but if they are still growing I want as much weight as possible 💪🏼

Comment

• Dutchman1
                  Dutchman1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They look done to me. You dont go by that new top growth, that can go on a long time. If you have that much amber and milky its time to pull em.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X