Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need HELP with dying plant

Hey Growers,
    I need some advice and insight on what my problem is and how to fix it. I'm about 4-5 weeks into flowering for my one plant, and like another the leaves started dying and drying out from the bottom up. The two plants were grown together, in the same pot and watered the same amount and one completely died. And now the only strong one is showing the same symptoms. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
    Dan

Hey DTM, looks like overwatering to me.What kind of nutrients are you using?
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Definitely have not mastered watering yet as this is my first time growing so overwatering or underwatering is a possibility. I've considered that and tried to switch up the amounts of water to see what's best but still figuring it out. And actually currently using no nutrients, I plan to next time.

Comment

Ensure there is enough drainage! Dont water until you lift it up and its uber light! Ensure yoi get aprox 20% run off as well to flush old neuts. (Use a ppm meter!)

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Ya, and youll need to feed it with nutrients or its never going to make it to harvest. Unless your using Kind soil.

Comment

No nutrients means no bud?? I simply thought that without nutrients the overall yield is smaller? And next time I'll invest in a smart pot or something alike, as well nutrients.

Comment

No nutrients means dead plant.

Comment

A very very dead plant. It needs nutrients from the soil to grow and live. Same as any other plant. Consider nutrients and light food.

Please visit www.honestgr.ca for reviews on grow equipment. It is going slowly as I am trying to find products to review (and supportive companies!) I do giveaways there, do not tell me your from GWE however.

Comment

Shit eh.. I understand the plant saturates the nutrients in the soil over time so I've recycled the soil a couple times so try to mediate that. There's a lot of good looks development of bud on the plant but it hasn't gotten any bigger then it is now. (See picture). Is there anything I can do??

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Hey Dan, if your not gonna feed them, at least give em some Blackstrap molasses. That will help, but it's gonna be hard for them to grow properly ,with big buds, without feeding them nutrients.

What size pot is that in? Is it possible it is root bound?

Comment

Alright will do, thanks. This was mainly an expiremental test at growing and I now I know for next time all the extra steps to take to make a more solid plant. And yeah definitely a possibility, I wanted to transplant it into a bigger pot but I was told never to transplant around flowering stage.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X