Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Drooping leaves

Hi everyone!

I’m growing my own ganja plants for the first time, they are two feminized autoflowering Amnesia Haze plants.

They seemed to be doing just fine until two days ago when the leaves stopped pointing upward, buy rather they started drooping a bit.

Before going one with the details I’d like to point out that I’m on a tight student budget, practically 0, so I’d appreciate only constructive coments, for I know these arent the ideal settings.

I have them planted in a pot with drainage holes, working on doing some LST. The soil is a “light mix” from the growshop, it was recommended to me because I’m growing autos. I have a 6500k LED lightbulb on a normal study lamp.

So... watering didn’t seem to help because they didn’t just jump back a couple of hours later, I’m definitely not overwatering them either, so I thought maybe they were getting Light toxicity? So I decided to make it an early night for my babies, and this morning they look a bit better, I’ve put the light source a little further away today aswell, but in still a bit worried.

Here are two photos, one of last night and one of this morning. Am I doing things “right” or is there something else I should be doing? And also, is it normal for them to have leaves in clusters of just 3?

Thank you in advance.

Sorry for the autocorrect mistakes.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Morning ftg, I know about money and school, that makes it hard.
      They look fine to me, have you got nutrients for them ?? Anyway long as you don't overwater, that's about 90percent of the problems for new growers, you are gonna do fine, I can tell, you have been doing your homework
      You can always pick up more cfls, your gonna need a good many more, to grow a healthy plant, light is like food to plants.

Thanks for the quick response!! I was told at the shop that I shouldnt use any extra nutrients for autos, is that not right?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you are not in Supersoil, you are going to have to feed them something, Can you afford some nutrients? If not ,I'll send you some , you have to feed them, if you want them to grow, that's about all I grow now is autos.
      Plus, mine get maximum dose.

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Ya, thats not correct. They will need nutes .Maybe not right now though. How old are they 3 weeks or so ?

Well I don’t know how much nutrients cost, but I can do some research and decide... which one do you recommend for this strain? Is it worth feeding after about a month of growing?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
      D.A.A.S.69 commented
      Editing a comment
      If you want to smoke some bud it's worth saving, he'll yes,save it, check out MegaCrop, it's all you need, it's a one part fertilizer, easy to use.

Check out MegaCrop, they were giving free samples away, to try their product ,it didn't take but 3-4 days to get mine, all i had to do was pay shipping, 3bucks I think. But I know being in school 3bucks is alot.
    You can always use a little unsulfered molasses, till you get some nutrients, you are going to need more light though.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

So if the drooping wasn’t light toxicity, what wad it?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        They all droop some, when the lights out, an on, it ain't your light causing the drooping ,how many watts is that light ?
        What you need is 4-5 cfls, about an inch or two away from your plant, so it want stretch to much. But trust me your leaves don't stay erect at all times.

The manufacturer of the light should have a recommendation of how close you can put the light. Just follow that. Your plants look fine.

Comment

Thanks a lot guys!
        The LED isn’t very powerful, 12,5 W... I can’t get cfls because the lamps in this house can’t take the power needed to get cfls to 6500 k hahahaha, and as it isnt a plant growing bulb it doesn’t say hoy far it needs to be :/.
        I’m going to look into the nutrients, get some for the veg stage at least, what do you think?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          I don't know where your at, but cfls, are just regular lights, that screw in
          anywhere, it ain't got to be 6500k, that's just the color scheme.
          Good luck with it, that's bout all i can tell you

I’m sorry if this is a bit frustraiting but I’m just trying to work with what I’ve got.

Comment

I may have to do some extra homework because i thought the important thing was the color scheme...

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            What you want is watts, A 23watt cfl is equal to a 100watts , I use 1 lamp-bulb the whole grow, an it's 3100k, it sure ain't got to be 6500k.
            I'm using a 315cmh for light, with a 31k lamp-bulb.
            An you want at least 40-60watts a square foot to grow a decent plant
            12.5watts ain't gonna grow a decent plant.

Ok great! I’ll try to get some more light bulbs in there!! And about the nutrients... shall I get veg stage nutrients? Or veg and flowering?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Like i told you MegaCrop would be perfect, for you, it's a 1part fertilizer, that does it all, same as 2-3 part fertilizer programs.
            Veg an flower, it does it all, it was just last week, they were giving samples away, just for the price of shipping, 3bucks.
            Nice size bag, enough for several crops.
            Check out MegaCrop.
            Where did you come up with that 666 from, I hated to even write those numbers down, lol

Ok great!!!Thank you so much for your help, I’ll keep you posted with the results!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Hey ftg, ok you do that, I want to see how you are doing. Your gonna do fine, Stay in touch, if your in a cash bind, I will be glad to send you some nutrients free, so don't worry about nothing, but keeping your lights as close as you can without doing damage, an put the cfls, about an inch or two away, you are gonna have to move your cfls, alot because your plant will grow into the light an get damaged, if you don't move it.
            Well good luck, an take it easy, my friend, and Welcome to GWE.

Depending on the soil- you may be OK.
          Just do not water to runoff- water until you see moisture at the base holes.

I have grown both photo's and auto's in Roots Organic Original to completion. The only issue I had was with a Sativa which yellowed on lower fans when I put into flower- she completed the grow OK.

If you see fan leaves lightening in color, you can ad some epsoms salt (Mag Sulfate) every 3 weeks or so.

I use it to amend my soil and then (optional) at week #3 and again if needed in flower- 1 year supply @ 0.79

Your plants look fine, just keep the light on them as much as, possible- they do not need a dark period.
          It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
          http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Your leaves look fine, they are opening up still and can't carry it's own weight they will always slouch over a little bit, its natural but when it becomes droopy you will notice the difference, and 3 leaves is normal just genetics mine didn't progress more leaves till the flower switch, if you got the money get the fox farm trio with some sensi cal-mag xtra and BushDoctor microbe brew, that's what I use and the fox farm trio enhances the natural terpene production

Comment

Hey guys,

Just wanted to make a quick update, I’ve put some more lights in as you suggested and I bought a small pack of 3 types of fertilizers, I’ve only used the veg one for now, and my plants have just started flowering (I doubt you’ll be able to even see it in the photo yet), so I’ll switch to my flowering bulbs and fertilizers next week.

Thanks for all your help, for those interested, this is an example of how you can get your plants to their first day of flowering on a VERY low budget.

I’ll make sure to update you guys later on.

Comment

• Chefbjy
                Chefbjy commented
                Editing a comment
                Is that 2 plants in one pot or just bad centering?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X