No announcement yet.

Whats wrong with this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would rinse, soak, and rinse the perlite again next time... Or come to the dark side and switch to straight coco :-D..... I honestly don't think the perlite had anything to do with your issues. The nutes it has in it are SLIGHTLY negligible at best with just about trace amounts. Perlite also is a mineral and will not breakdown or allow roots to grow into it under normal circumstances in a medical grow. Again, I personally wouldn't use miracle grow, Scott's, botanicare (even though they are local), but that's just me personally. They have great products, but the conglomerate stands against marijuana.

Comment

The worst part was I was going to rinse the perlite and dod not , I don’t think perlite is nessacary to be honest , well the amounts I thought I needed at least. I think it was the perlite and some un rhythmic feedings I must have done at one point, I go over my journal and I can’t find the issue other than that ......

Comment

This was the perlite
        i used , I literally used a 50/50
        mix of this and the medium, i
        was experimenting and shouldn’t have been .
        i should not have even bought this shit , it’s known since I was a kid miracle Grow is bad for plants

Comment

Originally posted by CoberBrandon View Post
          This was the perlite
          i used , I literally used a 50/50
          mix of this and the medium, i
          was experimenting and shouldn’t have been .
          i should not have even bought this shit , it’s known since I was a kid miracle Grow is bad for plants
          Oh for heaven's sake, it's not your PERLITE. I'm sorry, I don't mean to laugh, but perlite is perlite--it's inert (and Miracle Gro is a name brand--their fertilizer isn't the best for cannabis, but they make quality products).

To get good help, you really need to tell us everything about the grow:
          What soil exactly?
          What lights exactly? And how many hours a day?
          What fertilizer exactly?
          What strain?
          How long ago did you start the grow, etc. etc.

Comment

• Dutchman1
            Dutchman1 commented
            Editing a comment
            Well, its not just perlite. Its enhanced. Its got NPK added to it. Regular perlite doesnt have nutrients.

• CoberBrandon
            CoberBrandon commented
            Editing a comment
            Yes I’ve been saying this for awhile , it’s enhanced perlite .... I just thought the guy knew it was enhanced and was still saying it couldn’t cause
            These problems....

Why don’t you think that’s a nitrogen problem? I used a huge amount throughout the medium without spreading it too well.... on my transplant I saw clumps of it like a wall in the medium , I think it stressed the roots man.....
          i have had the grow going 4 and a half weeks , transplanted from seedling to 8”container and that’s when I used the perlite , 2 weeks went by and the plants were getting worse with slow growth , I’ve transplanted again and without perlite and tried to spread the clumped perlite as I transplanted into the 10” container , 3gallon. Two of the plants are already seeing improvements since transplant , other two are not improving to fast. I feed the plants a b12 supplement and a root enhancement from Advanced , and a 2 part Grow nute from the local hydro store, and they get fed every other watering. I veg for 23 hours with 1 hour in the morning off just to put a small sleep in there veg cycle. I forgot one night after a week of 23 hours on 1 hour off , to do the 1 hour off and they did a 24 hour cycle, one light cycle fuck Up in veg shouldn’t fuck them. I have done almost the exact same thing the last two of My grows and never experienced this, but I’ve never ever used that much fertilized perlite on my first transplant, I only ever use a little bit on the top of medium to help with water draining ..... I can’t gwt away from the perlite idea but who knows , maybe I mis calculated the two part formula one feeding? I remember spilling a small amount of the B portion and not re doing my calculation to make sure it was exact with A portion of nutrient , about two weeks ago and going ahead and feeding still..... this sticks out in my head too.... but this is only my 3rd Grow , só educate me please, cause I haven’t had someone slap me In The face with the answer yet

Comment

I had 4 seedlings under 600w led morsen panel , then when they grew I added 800w panel , all kept about 24” above to start and adjusted as plants stretched , at moment lights are about 20” above. I have a humidifier keeping it at %55 and two intake fans sucking air in through filter and out through filter . The soil less medium is Pro Mix , and the water I use is nestle bottled spring water , nothing else . I low stress them but like I say , after 1st transplant, they grew really slow , but it’s something I’ve done in feedingnor transplant because 1 plant out of the four is doing well, I thought it might be Russet mights but I don’t think it is.

Comment

Maybe it’s light burn! Hahahaha , sometimes I kind of think it could be

Comment

DoctorJohnson look at the pics in this post and see what you think, it’s twisted and curled leaf growth that lede to believe it’s nutrient problem https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...oilless-medium

Comment

Did I read that you top dress a powder fertilizer?

Comment

• CoberBrandon
                    CoberBrandon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    ? I think you misunderstood? ...... when I bought this shit I made sure to only use a tiny little bit , and ya I only use perlite the first couple of inches in my medium when I do use it , I’ve always used perlite like that and I love it , using the enhanced perlite threw out the nitrogen levels , at least that’s what I think , but I could be wrong . But Yes! I used the enhanced perlite in my medium! Dressed not just the top but all of my medium with a large amount of this perlit. And the plant I used the least on , is doing the best.

Look at this! Can someone just look at that and know what’s going on?

Comment

• Dutchman1
                    Dutchman1 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How close are lights? Didnt you say you have powerful lights. I think you have more than one problem going on here. How often and how much do you water? Whats the PH coming out? I see some colorful leaves in earlier pics that look like PH problem or nutrient uptake problem. The miracle grow has pretty low amounts of nutrients but if you used 50%.......who knows.

• CoberBrandon
                    CoberBrandon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    No I only have one problem , it’s mites , rust or russet or some sort of shit eating fuck Up bug. The miracle grow did nothing except maybe help bring in the mites . After much thought the medium I used sat in storage all summer with the perlite, in a container where me and my girlfriend kept our day to day shoes on. I did a recent transplant and two of the four plants were given the old soil , and these two plants are dying fast , well the other two are hanging on a bit . Just a guess at were the mites came from , but it seems to make sense

Sorry, top dress is a term that means setting the powder fertilizer on the top of the soil and pouring water over it to desolve it. If that's what you do, dont. Powders always need to be desolved in water first. Are your nutes powder? Do you run water over them to get them in the media? It's a commonly used practice in outdoor or organic growing, but completly wrong for indoor or container gardening unless you're 100% sure you know what you're doing. I wouldn't even top dress indoor.
                  the "enhanced" perlite is 99% not the issue here. It has 6/100ths of 1% nitrogen.... That's maybe SLIGHTLY more than a trace amount. If you're super concerned about it, flush it for about 20 min. But 6/100th of 1% is near nothing. But whatever is wrong, you should flush that plant and start your nutes regimen again tomorrow.

Comment

• CoberBrandon
                    CoberBrandon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I will beat them , this is one of my favourite strains I’ve been waiting to grow a long time . I know the problem so at least I can fix it now, or battle at fixing it . Def going to try Avid, I want to use the strongest product
                    Possible that won’t damage the plant , I’m only like 3 weeks of veg man , this will be ancient history in a month I bet 😂 keep positive they say

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Good Luck, you can sure win, but you can't slack up or they will be back more an hungrier than ever, they are ruff MFers.

• CoberBrandon
                    CoberBrandon commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Thanks DAAS! To be honest , pest control was something I took for granted well I’ve been doing this, and this has opened my eyes right up to the importance of prevention. These guys hatch every 5 days Too and they will breed at the sign of insecticide lol infestation creatures are so intelligent 😂..... It seems Avid isn’t sold legally in Ontario unless you have a pesticide license.... so not sure what my options will be but I definitely need a pesticide strength product to have the results I want , I don’t want these things in my house even after the Grow. Lol maybe I should just call Orken? 😂😂

I shook the forum up too much this weekend , my bad! My plants will be fine amd I will listen to all advice as I’m still learning so much ....

Comment

Managed to get them back to life and In second week of flower today

Comment

• Dutchman1
                      Dutchman1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      They actually look very good.

• CoberBrandon
                      CoberBrandon commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks, took patience....I had them dead at the time this thread started.

• Dutchman1
                      Dutchman1 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      You exaggerate, ha.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X