PPM question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PPM question

PPM: is it normal to have a much higher ppm from runoff? I'm using ffof.

I've read several places that if your PPM is 200 points higher at runoff than what you put in you're either giving too much nutes or it's getting too dry and getting salt build-ups( this just may be in Coco though)

I've also read that it should be higher because you're washing away particles that are in the soil that are water soluble. I don't know exactly what to believe.

I just worry about runoff pH your plants are getting what they need to if you're in the right zone no matter what.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• KnowTheGrow
      KnowTheGrow commented
      Editing a comment
      That makes sense. I did let them get pretty dry. I put in about 150ppm cmg and just thought I'd test the runoff out of curiosity, almost 900ppm. This is my first grow and I'm consciously trying not to make all the obvious newbie mistakes I've read about; overwatering, too many nutes etc. and I think it's making me paranoid lol.

• KnowTheGrow
      KnowTheGrow commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for info

• UrbZ
      UrbZ commented
      Editing a comment
      As your plants get bigger they will use more and more nutes from the soil. I figure your ppm will drop the bigger they get. Thats what I assume anyway. The smaller plants the more nutes are left unused in the soil.

My PPM is always way higher when checking runoff, I just contributed it to the excess soil particles being washed out with the extra water.

I don’t check it anymore though, when I check my runoff, about every third watering, I only check pH and salinity.
    3rd Grow
    Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
    Tent- 4x4x6.5
    Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
    Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
    Pots- 3gal fabric
    Nutrients- None

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X