Deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deficiency?

So, my plants are a couple weeks old. In ffof, feeding RO water, 1ml Cmg and .25 Si. I'm thinking possible over watering? Cmg deficiency? Maybe both lol. I'm new to this so any help would be appreciated. I also have this weird growth deficiency on one, the top leaves aren't separating...should I leave it alone, cut off the top? Thanks

In your FFOF soil ,they don't need any nutrients for close to a month.
    What your problem is your plants need to be transplanted quickly. Good Luck with them KTG.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

It's most likely not a deficiency- anytime nutrients are involve the damage pattern is symmetrical. Generally pests cause asymmetrical signs.

The plant in pic #2, looks like it's foliage is growing faster than the roots- I agree with D.A.A.S.69 that a transplant is in your near future.

Double the amount of Si - no matter what you do/ or what the cause ends up being.
      It's all bullshit - until you smoke it!

KISS @ Dry/Cure:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-kiss-dry-cure

Staged Harvest:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...e-in-the-wings

Grow Journals:

#3, Window Sill Grow - auto:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...nic-soil-24-7g

#4, KISS grow- Girl Scout Cookies- auto:
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...ies-autoflower

Comment

Some 2gal smart pots on their way!! So, are y'all saying I shouldn't have added cmag to the ffof?

Comment

• Weed Pharma
          Weed Pharma commented
          Editing a comment
          Nope- CalMag may not be needed in soil grows (unless you are using LED's) but its much easier to add a little CalMag preventively, than trying to correct a deficiency.

Comment

Oh ok. I'm using RO water and was told to add cal mag. I'll discontinue and see if that helps. Also, why with leds? Thanks

Comment

• Weed Pharma
            Weed Pharma commented
            Editing a comment
            You SHOULD be using CalMag- The light manufactures now recommend CalMag with LED's (years ago they didn't and lots of us had CalMag deficiency)

Aha. That might be my problem as well (well, one of them). I didn't know that with LEDs--thanks!
          ****tent (2x4) and large light (Relassy 300W LED) is in storage for now until I can solve some household electrical issues****

CoM Stonington Blend soil, distilled water; Liquid Squid amendment if needed, molasses for flowering

"I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up."

Comment

I'm using 200w T5's for veg then adding another 200w for flower. I also forgot to mention that I sprayed them with peem oil (I think that's what it's called) for insect prevention. But they were already showing yellowing early on before spraying. The only one not showing yellow spots is the one that won't open its top leaves. I kinda want to cut off that top...bad idea?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              Morning ktg, You need to be transplanting them,

The second plant is growing two main stems by its own. It will grow slower than the first one for a while. Keep using RO but be sure to add calmag or any grow supplement. Pure RO water will leach minerals out of the plant. And yes I would also raise the concentration to 0.5 EC

Comment

• KnowTheGrow
              KnowTheGrow commented
              Editing a comment
              Leave the center stem or cut it off?

• 9fingerleafs
              9fingerleafs commented
              Editing a comment
              Leave them. More stems = more colas

• KnowTheGrow
              KnowTheGrow commented
              Editing a comment
              Ok,cool. It just looks so weird with its single cupped leaf. Hopefully it'll separate by itself but...I haven't seen any signs of it doing jack yet.

Transplanted into 2 gallon fabric pots. Fed cal mag (1.5ml) Si (.5ml) and GW Microbes 1/4tsp.

Comment

Well done! Transplant and water. No need to feed for the next 4 to 6 weeks. Welcome to dirt farming. In the end it is essentially hydro. The soil becomes leeched of nutrients and liquid fertilizers are the norm from that point on.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Woooooord

• KnowTheGrow
                KnowTheGrow commented
                Editing a comment
                What about when transplanting to larger pots for flower...would you continue feeding or pull back a little due to the fresh soil?

• LaughingBuddha
                LaughingBuddha commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd transplant into final container now.

I see some chlorosis and short internodes. The chlorosis is likely caused by a magnesium deficiency. But based on the pictures, the plant roots just had to grow a little longer to get more. Anyways, if you ever see short internodes on an older plant, if the cause is a deficiency; it would be from the lack of zinc ,.

Comment

Ok cool. Thanks. The oldest is only about 3 weeks from sprout. I also added a little more cal mag and Si

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X