First Grow - Several Sudden Problems - Need Imm. Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL First Grow - Several Sudden Problems - Need Imm. Advice

I started my first grow from bag seed. Set up a space bucket with a eight-fixture light top. A little tweaking ph/nutr in the beginning got me going good and healthy all the way through veg. Started 12/12 about a month ago, one of the six started showing male, so bagged it and removed quickly. All fine for three weeks, but suddenly had to leave town last week. I set up auto-watering and hope for the best. I come back and it’s bad. Real bad. The Auto-wayerer failed the first day. There’s Bugs. Big leaves turning brown and falling off all over, reddish stems, some purple leaves, burned tips, I see trichomes on smallish buds for some plants. Some still flowering. Also trichomes on the leaves surrounding the buds. I tried watering to try and bring them back. Now my moisture meter says too wet. I have no idea now what problems to tackle first. Ph was at 7 so I bring it down just a little bit with leaf compost/pine needle mix. Well see tomorrow what’s it landing at.

Setup:
    plastic container with airation holes drilled in sides and bottom
    bottom layer pebbles/gravel, next layer loose orchid mix (these bottom two for drainage and to get air through.) top layer 6-7 inches soil.

Large (20” diam) bucket top top and bottom with 12” riser in between (plants outgrew original design).

8-fixture combination of CFL and LED special ordered lights. Adjustable height. (About 4” above canopy now) Running combination of 2700 and 9000. Was all 9000’s for veg.

wireless temp monitor, 3-in-1 ph/light/moisture gauge. Digital humidity gauge.

Base of plants is very thick now, maybe .75” in diameter. I trained stems down to keep low canopy but a few got away from me while I was gone. (Before they started dying I suppose).

So frustrated. I don’t want to jump to fixing one problem and make matters worse. Can someone please tell me what to do first? And maybe second third too? Lol.

Hello Kinnashy
    so..... First let your plant dry out and get your ph to 6.3.
    1) what is the age of the plant im looking at? How long has it been in flower 12/12? I see amber trichomes.
    can you tell me about your soil? And what kind of bugs?
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Ph is usually the problem, but this time of year I wonder if humidity might be another cause!
      Team AutoMechanics

Comment

12/12 about a month now. Commercial soil. Potting mix with perlite. Started from seeds maybe late September/early October.

soil down from 7 to 6.5 now.

More amber today. But still on these leaves, which I don’t fully understand. Bug shots attached.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          You need to look for Amber on the buds not the leaves, they always show amber first on the leaves.
          You better take care of those bugs, very nice plant.

look like Thrips! spray em down!
        Team AutoMechanics

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X