Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Help

I just royally messed up when trying to top my plant to create a manifold. I cut down to the 3rd node, however, i also cut off the growth tips on the third node. My plant just has the fan leaves on the third node. Will new growth tips grow or is it ruined?

Unfortunately, your probably hosed. The plant may try to generate new growth from here but it may take a while. You might be better off starting over.

Comment

• superlloyd
      superlloyd commented
      Editing a comment
      based upon other's information and now the plant itself, this advice is incorrect.

• JohnC
      JohnC commented
      Editing a comment
      And how is "The plant may try to generate new growth from here but it may take a while" incorrect? I told you the plant may try to produce growth tips, and it appears it is doing just that. But OK, I'm incorrect. Good luck with your grow.

LST the fan leaves. They will grow new tips.

Comment

Comment

Sorry to see that, giving the length of time and energy to get this one up and running again, it might be quicker to start over, as stated above, it will recover.

Comment

• superlloyd
          superlloyd commented
          Editing a comment
          based upon other's information and now the plant itself, this advice is incorrect.

I am unsure of what exactly is growing. It looks as if it grew two new growth tips on one side, but that could just be me being optimistic. I removed one fan leaf that was in the way of the new growth. I was confused since it grow two sets of leaves on one side. Are these growths fan leaves or internodes that will grow colas? This is my first grow.

Comment

It looks to me you have two new tops growing out of those lower nodes but it's hard to tell from the single pic (a couple more from different angles might be helpful). I would continue to let her grow without trimming anything (yet). Hopefully you have all your temps and nutrients dialed in.

If it was my plant, and assuming the plant was healthy and growing well, I would wait until those two nodes have grown out to the point that they each have their own nodes growing out. Once I had that, then I would trim off that center main stem about a half inch above the two nodes.

Comment

That's exactly what you have, it appears you've done some trimming? I manifold my plants to produce multiple colas. Check the article on manifolding / mainlining at GWE, Nebula Haze has modified this and is calling it manifolding. Here are my two kushes going through this process and the other is a King Tut a few weeks away from harvest.

Comment

• superlloyd
              superlloyd commented
              Editing a comment
              manifolding is what I am going for, i just accidentally cut off the growth nodes. how big do you let yours get before switching to flowering?

• GroJimmy
              GroJimmy commented
              Editing a comment
              15-18 inches.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X