No announcement yet.

Dying plant, First grow, Need help!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Dying plant, First grow, Need help!!!

This is my first grow, Somango XXL from Nirvana in a FFOF/perlite/vermiculite/peat mix. She is in week 3 of flower. I am running FF nutrients but have only needed to feed her twice, and the first time the bottom leaves got scorched pretty badly. I water with distilled spring water. A few days ago the leaves started to turn brown, and I don't know what the heck she wants from me. What could be causing this problem? A certain nutrient deficiency? Root rot? Light scorching? I am a total amateur, as you might have gleaned. Please help, I want her to live!!!

Just looks like she needs a good dose of Cal/Mag imo. She looks fine otherwise.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• JohnTheJoint
      JohnTheJoint commented
      Editing a comment
      Alright, it's worth a try! Thanks!

I agree with UrbZ, cal/mag will also turn the leaves a deeper richer looking green.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Hey JTJ, I don't know if it's just your picture or what, but that plant looks yellow to me, if it is yellow an not just my eyes, she needs some food bad. Or some more light.
      Are you checking your ph?
      What kind of light are you using ? An how far away is it.?
      I hope its my eyes, an not your plant, but she's way to early to be that yellow, if she's yellow ,you need to feed her.
      I hope its my eyes,cause she's a nice plant that's fixing to get some nice bud on her.
      Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 12-15-2017, 05:26 PM.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• JohnTheJoint
        JohnTheJoint commented
        Editing a comment
        The yellow is on the bottom leaves, and is actually burn from the previous feeding. People seem to think calmag would help, so I'm gonna try that. It's under 2 8bulb t5 fixtures with powerveg flowering bulbs, 18in away. I use distilled water, so only need to pH for feeding. Thanks for your advive!

• Locrian99
        Locrian99 commented
        Editing a comment
        I am using distilled water as well, I assumed the water would be 7.0 but I’ve found some fluctuations in the bottles I get from the grocery store. And using distilled water is a big part of why you need the calmag.

• UrbZ
        UrbZ commented
        Editing a comment
        JTJ D.A.A.S is referring to the overall light green just as Canuck referred the cal/mag making her a richer green. Just a little light in the color department the cal/mag will help for with both issues as its also has micro nutes.

You might want to check out this article http://www.growweedeasy.com/calcium-deficiency-cannabis
      48”x48”x80” flower/main tent
      600w mh/hps
      32”x32”x63” veg tent
      viparspectra PAR 450 led
      FFOF soil, Fox farms nutes, raw silica
      5 gallon Smart Pots
      Current grow Aurora Indica, Girl Scout Cookies, Wonder Woman (all Nirvana)
      Current grow progress: https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/159795-locrian99s-2nd-grow

Comment

That Fox farm soil ain't got enough nutrients in it to last but about 3-4 weeks, if that long. Yeah cal-mag, helps but your gonna still have to give your plant some nutrients if you want her grow any buds.You done used all the nutrients up in soil. She's yours, so good luck with her.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

she looks hungry for some big bloom, grow big and tiger bloom, most people feed weekly or more but a weak blend. good luck

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X