Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#2: in veg and topped 2 times.

Comment

And this is my last one, #3. She was so weak and small just a few weeks ago, I considered cutting her down. I’m glad I didn’t, but she will need to be defoliated on all her lower section as the top fan leaves are completely obstructing light to reach those lower sites. I don’t think I will top her, I will just place her in the space bucket I am building.

Comment

#1 and #2 were both repotted in bigger pots. #3 still sits in a slightly smaller one, as she isn't as tall. Root system for both repotted plants didn't look rootbound at all, but white, healthy, and keeping the root-ball well bound together.
        Last edited by sdukedkr; 01-08-2018, 06:02 AM.

Comment

They are looking good to me coming back nicely
          ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Hi everyone,

Quick update on my 3 plants, all in veg. The two big ones are kept in my grow cabinet, the smaller one with four colas has been moved into my newly built space bucket.

Peace,
            DuKE
            Last edited by sdukedkr; 01-27-2018, 12:33 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice comeback from when you started. They look nice n healthy adukedkr. When are you going to flip?

• Paracelsus
              Paracelsus commented
              Editing a comment
              yOU'RE doing a fantastic job

Dutchman1 I will give them a few more weeks into veg depending on their growth rate, but I'd like to allow them to grow a few more inches before I switch. But I'll take into consideration that it could stretch twice its size, so try not to make it too close to the LED which is 600 watts, pretty powerful for such a small space.

Paracelsus Thanks, trying to do my best by following the basic rules of growing

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              2 or 3 weeks sounds about right for that space. They may grow into the light though, Not alot of overhead there.

Dutchman1 Yeah that was exactly what I was thinking, 2-3 weeks. They don't grow crazely fast and now I got used to their rate of growth since I've trained them quite a lot and got used to how fast they grow after each topping or LST.
            Last edited by sdukedkr; 01-27-2018, 11:36 PM.

Comment

Mine in two weeks of growth. Now think about yours in another two weeks.How high is that tent?

Comment

Total height of the cabinet is 100cm. Distance from top of the pot to LED is 60cm. And from actual top of the plant to the LED, clearance is about 45cm.

So I was thinking of growing it about 10cm more. Should give me enough space for a flowering stretch. I should have built a higher cabinet, but I always wanted to grow small but highly trained plants... and this is what I will be going for 😎🤙🏻.

Does anyone has a simple/effective way to raise humidity levels? Like a glass of water in the grow space or something.

Peace,
                DuKE

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Morning SDU, man those are beautiful plants, yeah, there's plenty of ways, stuff like keeping a wet towel or two in your tent, anything that holds moisture, one cat keeps a pan of wet perlite in his tent to help raise it, humidifiers work best, but kinda high, nice training with your plants.

The best cheapest way to raise humidity in a small space like that, is a micro humidifier. You can get them for around $12usd on Amazon. I use a tiny one in my clone dome for mushrooms and clones.but it looks like you are exhausting the air from inside the box out. That'll suck the freshly humidified air right out with almost no affect on internal humidity and you'll be in the same position. I'm not 100% sure why you would want to raise the humidity, what's the benefit? My humidity runs about 10-20% constantly (flower and veg) and I've had no issues .

Comment

• Paracelsus
                  Paracelsus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Waltermelon depending on the stage of growth 45% humidity and higher to as much as 70% during cloning is ideal.

Perlite and towels can get you through until you can afford the right model sdukedkr you might look for a second hand model or try to
                  DIY https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHpCo_ZFgfE

• Waltermelon
                  Waltermelon commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Paracelsus is it honestly worth the trouble? Fighting the dry desert air seems to be quite a job since my plants have always done well enough with no humidity supplementation.

• Paracelsus
                  Paracelsus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you will never know until you try Waltermelon. I enjoy working on my garden and watching the plants reactions to changes in their environment, no trouble at all

D.A.A.S.69 Thank you for the compliment, they do indeed look pretty good

Paracelsus Waltermelon I would like to increase it just a little, have it around 50%. Though they are doing good with the current level of humidity. I can afford buying a humidifier, but space is restricted.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Your welcome, an a couple of thick wet towels will do fine.
                  And your plants are nice.

I am needing help with my plants. I suspected underwatering, but after giving them plenty of water, one of them is still showing signs of drooping. Could it be the pot that is possibly too small or do I need to water them even more? I give them 1L of water per watering (nutrients only once every other watering).

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  How long has it been sice you watered them Sdu ? When i water mine a little early, mine will droop like that for several hours before straightening up.
                  You got some nice looking plants ,SDU.

D.A.A.S.69 I watered them 2-3 days ago, and last watering was 12h ago. One of them (not the one above) has straightened up pretty fast. The other one, in the pics above, doesn't look much better since last watering (basically still looks the same as on the pictures above). That's why my only guess here would be a problem related to roots... Last time I watered them, I already started noticing some drooping, but nothing like the one I am experimenting now.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Hey , Sdu, sounds like the drooping one might not have needed that much an got overwatered a little.

• Paracelsus
                  Paracelsus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  you'll be ok a little over saturated, they will love there new pots

Quickly went to take some pictures before lights switch off. Pictures from different angles. In one of the pictures you will see the new fabric pot I will be transplanting them into, but will do that tomorrow.
                Last edited by sdukedkr; 01-29-2018, 05:49 PM.

Comment

• Dutchman1
                  Dutchman1 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  They Look great !

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yeah, I think might have been overwatered a little, they gonna be fine.

And here is my second plant. She had the same kind of drooping, but she’s doing better now, although she doesn’t look as vigorous as a few days ago...

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X