Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

COCO COIR 3 of my plants with different symptoms, HELP NEEDED

Hi,

It’s my first time posting on this forum (actually my first time ever on any forums). Also my 3rd grow ever.

All 3 plants are Blue Cheese, approx. 2 weeks old. They have all been started in Jiffy pellets, and then placed in the pots you can see on the pictures, which is filled with coco coir and 50% perlite (will reduce to 30% when I change them to bigger pots). I use Bio-Bizz nutes (Bio-Grow at 1/2 strength, and the other watering only 1/2 strength of Alg-a-Mic. As you can see, I have a 45W (crappy) LED which will soon be upgraded to a 600W LED. They are still in the heated propagator for optimal temp/RH.

Now... All 3 plants have been growing healthy since a few days ago when I noticed they weren’t growing much anymore. I would appreciate if only people who are 100% sure of what is happening to my plants (please 😁).

I have numbered the plants as you can see on the pictures. Here is my guess on the symptons of each of my plants (remember this is only my 3rd grow, maybe they aren’t even doing so bad):

#1 Copper deficiency (yellow edges on top) + strangely clawing/wavy leaves
    #2 Magnesium deficiency + leaves starting to claw
    #3 Copper deficiency (yellow edges on top)

Maybe they all suffer the same thing but I see different things, maybe it could be underwatering (I feel am watering them any time I see them dry, but maybe on the late-side rather than watering them as soon as possible).

You have all the details handy to help me figure what is going on with my plants, give me some advices and your feedback 😎✌🏻!

Peace.

(Not sure if the pictures were uploaded in the correct order...)
    Last edited by sdukedkr; 12-12-2017, 07:40 PM.

Hello Sdu, welcome to GWE,, I'm scared to answer cause I ain't gonna be 100 percent right, but if they were mine I'd get em out of there and get some good light on em ,and a little breeze blowing on em.I hope someone else can help you better.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• Dutchman1
      Dutchman1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Im not 100% sure.......

I would follow what d.a.a.s mentioned need light and air asap.

And they look rootbound to me. Those pots have a large taper on them. The leaves of the plant are far larger than the bottom of the pot.
    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Also you said this is your third grow, so how did the other two grows go. Were they issue free or did you have any of the same problems. If you didn't run into any of the same problems, what did you change?

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point.

Hi guys.

Thanks for your comments. I will change pots and get the fans start to run. I also forgot to mention that I am on a 24/0 light schedule at the moment, and pH ranges between 5 to 7 (although I’m always trying my best to keep it in the 5.5-6.5).

My previous grows were both outdoor with tomato fertilizer, nothing fancy and comparable with my indoor setup.

So in your opinion no nutes deficiency?

Peace,
      DuKE.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Sdu, I'm sure your plants are grow alot better, when you get your new lights, good luck. Sdu.

Thank you D.A.A.S.69, I will change the pots later today and will put the new 600W LED this weekend.

I’ll try to keep you updated once they have recovered ✌🏻.
      Last edited by sdukedkr; 12-13-2017, 06:20 AM.

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Follow manufacturers recommendation on height when you get the new light. That is going to be very powerful for those young plants. Those are just getting out of seedling stage.You may want to start at recommendation for seedlings then slowly move down to there recommendation for Vegetative plants.

I was planning on trying to keep the light as close as possible to the top of the plants (while monitoring the plants to avoid light-burn), but I will follow your recommendation Dutchman1. I have both Veg/Flo switches on the LED, I hope this really works.

Comment

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        I burned my seedlings once by putting them to close to leds that were flowering other plants. Even though they were like 24 inches away it was still too close for the seedlings. The veg switch really helps with that but I had to keep them at full power for the flowering and I dont have a separate area for vegging.

Otherwise what do you guys think of the internode distance? And when would you recommend to top them? Wait until 5th node has grown and cut back to the 3rd node + remove lower growth?

Comment

Node spacing looks fine. I would wait to top until they're fully recovered and at 5 nodes tall. I would also only take dead leaves from the bottom as needed when you top. they are gonna need as much light absorption as they can get. Don't want to do any more damage before they can handle it.

Comment

Great info on all the replies SDU. I am not 100% either, however my plan of attack would be:

Make sure ph of nutes going in and run off are in the correct range for your medium.
          Get them in bigger pots and get a fan breezing by them (not directly on them yet). They are wanting to take off and the little stem is NO BUENO.
          Better light and keep at least 2' away, maybe even 3' for a few days and just listen to the girls, close light more important in flower.
          Do NOT Top or do anything else to stress them other than a peaceful transplant to bigger pots.

Good Luck, I think you will be just fine..

“It is difficult to get a man to understand something, when his salary depends on his not understanding it.”
          ~ Upton Sinclair

Comment

UrbZ Yeah recovery is my top priority, thanks for advice 🤗

Sockfilter The stem is also something that « worries » me, it looks very frail. As I said to UrbZ, recovery first, but yes I agree I will need to make a few adjustments to my setup, especially regarding air flow (but I have everything handy so it’s only a matter of when I can find some time to tweek the setup).

Concerning pH, my water is very alkaline, and I’m not using an electronic pH-meter, but an all-in-1 Blackfox Hygro-Lux-pH-meter, which makes pH measurement quite rough but in my opinion more accurate than the simple water-testers with the color drops (I don’t remember how they are called). As I said, trying my best to keep pH in the 5.5-6.5 range, but ultimately, is it better so have the water slightly more acidic or alkaline?

✌🏻

Comment

• Sockfilter
              Sockfilter commented
              Editing a comment
              Acidic side on the pH..

Any kind of breeze or air movement you can give them now (constant 24) will start beefing up her stem to support her. Dont wait on that if you can help it..

Sockfilter Indeed makes sense . But as they were in the propagator, air flow had no sense for the moment. I already prepared the pots and the coco/perlite (70/30 ratio) mix, they won't fit anymore in the greenhouse so I will turn my fans on as soon as they are transplanted.

Comment

• Sockfilter
              Sockfilter commented
              Editing a comment
              Awesome, keep up the great work, you will be fine.. Although we spend a lot of time trying to figure out numbers and ranges, sometimes the best advice we can get is from the girls themselves if we just listen and pay attention, you are doing that and we as a group can help you translate until you can learn their language..

Sockfilter Yeah I immediately felt that something was wrong. The 2 lower leaves on #2 have now completely turned yellow since yesterday night 🙃. I’m gonna take care of them now. The only thing I’m scared about are nutes deficiencies...
            Last edited by sdukedkr; 12-13-2017, 12:22 PM.

Comment

• Sockfilter
              Sockfilter commented
              Editing a comment
              Even if you are only giving them 1/4 strength nutes, the yellowing will not happen over night AS LONG as the pH is in range.

I seems you are doing the right thing, however I would urge you to try and get a handle on KNOWING exactly what your pH is as I am willing to bet that is 99.9% of all problems new growers have. Once you can speak that language, everything else is easy to pick up on..

I will take a few pictures before the transplant and share their current state.

Comment

Here are my plants repotted.

pH was ~6 with 2mL Bio-grow and 1mL Alg-a-Mic.

I have also put pictures of the 600w LED that I will install this weekend.

Comment

• Sockfilter
                Sockfilter commented
                Editing a comment
                Nice, how close do you have that light? I would start out at least 2' (feet) away as you can always lower a bit tomorrow and the next day..

When your feeding her, make sure to get some close to where the root zone is at first and just beyond and they will start taking off..

Very Nice..

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X