Something is very wrong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Something is very wrong

HELP… I’m having a problem with my girls dying. I’m new. My first three grows went perfectly. Now on my 4th and 5th grows my plants are drying up and dying.
    Basic Facts:
    2 Strains: Blueberry Feminized Photo period from Seedsman and Girl Scout Crack Photo period from Seedsman. I have 6 of each.
    Medium: Soil (Fox Farm Ocean Forrest with 20% Perlite.)
    Nutes: Fox Farm trio, along with General Hydroponics Floralicious and CalMag. I have been using ½ the recommended dosage. I feed on Sunday and water on Thursday, giving a little more water when a pot feels very light.
    My Lights: In the veg tent 2 x 4 x 6 I’m using LEDs (one 350w and one 600w) on a 18/6 cycle. In my flower tent 4x 4 x 7 I have one 1000w LED and I have the lights on 12/12 cycle.
    My ph is balanced to a range of 6 to 6.5. I’m using bottled water during germination, and tap water for the grow. I’m using a filter that supposedly removes all the chlorine and bad stuff.
    The temp is 75 to 80 degrees daily. I keep the humidity at 65 – 75 %.

Germination: I soak seeds overnight and do the paper towel method. Since I started growing I have had 100% germination, and out of 50 seeds used so far, I only had one die later on.
    I put the germinated seeds “tap root” down in rapid rooters until I have roots showing. At this point I put them in solo cups to mature. When the leaves are wider than the cup, or on the 4th set of real leaves I transplant into 2.5-gallon plastic pots and I start the clock running.

I water at ½ the directed amounts of nutes, at a ratio of feed once a week and water once a week. I use the 20% runoff technique. My runoff water has been about 6 to 6.25.
    When the plants reach ½ my desired height I transplant into 5-gallon smart pots (cloth) and move them into the flowering tent, which is a 12/12 light schedule. Everything went fantastic in my first 3 grows. In my 4th grow, at about week 5, the bottom leaves of the plants started having problems.

Problem: The bottom fan leaves start getting thin, and seem to have a mottled copper color mixed with the green. Next the leaves start curling up like a taco, and drying out. They turn brown and die very quickly but stay attached to the stalk unless I pull them off. This spreads up the plant in a few days over the course of two weeks until all that is left are the airy little immature buds by the end of week 7.
    Now it is happening again with two other strains.

I have researched on a few blogs and nothing seems to match. The plants look similar to some pictures that have similar problems from overwater, underwater, excess nitrogen, potassium deficiency, but nothing looks 100% the same.

Wow, this could be tough to get a handle on, because it seems you have good setup and are being careful with nutes, watering and lights. Could be a disease of some kind (therefore not related to your setup and technique). Please post some photos. There are few experts on here (not me) that can help with diagnosis.
    Organic only soil grower
    Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
    Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Morning Haag, pictures would really help, is that possible, ? otherwise mostly a hundred different guesses.
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

Yeah like Daas said pictures would help. but I'm thinking you need to add some more calcium magnesium if your given calmag at half strength I bump that one up. The other thing to think about is fluctuating your pH you're on the bottom end in for soil maybe move up to 7ph for a little while get your run off up to 6.5ph.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

You are over feeding. Soil is plant food. No need to feed in veg with soil. Unluess you veg a long time

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X