How to know when and if to use cal mag?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How to know when and if to use cal mag?

I started my grow 26 days ago...I started with germ in napkin and the to solo in fox farm OF...then transplanted to 2gal 14 days in to grow...from the beginning I noticed brown areas on the leave (2nd set) and have stayed near bottom of plants....have not added any nutes because of the FF OF.... Just worrying that I'm doing something wrong ....ph is @5.8-6.2 .....not sure what the girls need? Any help would be great and well appreciated

Good morning xactmatch.
    When growing in soil the desired ph is between 6-7.
    When you say your ph is 5.8-6.2, is that going in or runoff?
    If your ph is that low (acidic) that can cause nutrients to "lockout", causing what appear as a deficiency.
    Hope that helps. Good luck.
    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Using LEDs you need to start at the beginning with cal-mag, but anytime would be ok.
      What kind of water are you using 2012?
      Cfls for a week or two
      315lec for everything else
      Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
      36x36x63 inch tent.
      6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
      Smart pots
      Molasses
      Autoflowers

Comment

• deGrasse
        deGrasse commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi D.A.A.S. Why does using LED lighting require the use of cal-mag? I am new to growing and I use LEDs. Never used cal-mag before, maybe I should start?

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey DG read Nebulas advice on leds an cal-mag.

• deGrasse
        deGrasse commented
        Editing a comment
        I will be reading that shortly. Thanks!

I agree I use cal/mag from the beginning. If you are using ro water it needs to be added at all times. The filtering takes the elements out of the water. If you are using tap water you may want to look for other deficiencies. Tap has those elements in it. Not a lot but some.
      ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
      https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

CK....5.8-6.2 PH has been going in....I have not metered the run off as of yet..... When you say "lockout" how can I tell if so? And if it is how would I fix it ? And should I get myself some cal-mag? Really am thankful for the support.

Comment

• Californiakid
          Californiakid commented
          Editing a comment
          Checking your runoff would indicate lockout, if the ph was out of range.

There is a chart that shows which nutrients are absorbed in which ph range. When I'm off work I'll post it.

D.A.A.S 69......Just tap....the tap water I have has a ph of bout 7.5-8.0...I fill 1 gal jug and let sit for 24 hrs hoping to evaporate some of the other additives....so yeah just tap

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
          D.A.A.S.69 commented
          Editing a comment
          Your tap water has some good minerals in it like cal-mag, but you would still come out better getting some calmag.
          You can tell if she's locked out by deficiencies on your plants, she's not getting the proper nutrients when locked out.
          You need to check your ph run-off your next watering to see if it's in 5.5- 6.5 -7.0 .
          6.0 would be just right
          Something about using LEDs ,makes it necessary to add cal-mag
          It's time to start feeding her, FFOF is good up to about a month, then you need to give her nutrients.
          Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 11-30-2017, 03:36 PM.

• Dutchman1
          Dutchman1 commented
          Editing a comment
          7.5 to 8.0 is way to high. you need to reduce the PH before you water your girls.

Wow, those are beauts! And for 26 days their nice big and bushy. Im also growing liberty haze, is yours from barneys farm?

Comment

H4john....yeah Barney farm ... Liberty haze was the first pack I got from them .....100% germ rate so far.
          cal /mag ordered ...jeez I hope it gets here soon ...don't like to see them suffering 😞

Comment

• H4john
            H4john commented
            Editing a comment
            Sweet! I got two others from barneys farm growing along side my LH, lsd and bad azz kush. I hope you get it soon too, and good luck with your grow!

I to am growing a couple liberty haze about 2 weeks old,I’ve been using cal mag on them since the start I’m in ff ocean forest and going to use ff trio in 4 gal s.p. Under 600watts thay seem to respond to the cal- mag in a good way. Your results may vary.
          the ph should range from 6.2 to 6.5 no higher or lower going in if u want to grow weed well ! Lol
          Last edited by Potted; 12-03-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

UPDATE....... Cal-Mag is a winner...... pH is corrected and The girls are doing better and blowing up!!!!

Comment

• Dutchman1
              Dutchman1 commented
              Editing a comment
              Nice, looking good.

Thanks for everyone's help😀

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X