Need help diagnosing!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help diagnosing!!

Hey all, been having some issues with my plant and im honestly stumped. So she had recently started drooping, and i can 100% rule out over watering. There's brown spots starting to appear and i have no clue what's wrong. She broke ground October 27th, and since then the only nutes i've used is a growth burst one thats supposed to help with root development the ratio is 3-0-0. I only used a quarter of what was recommended. Im posting a pic of my soil ingredient and nute ratios. My water is always ph'd between 6-6.5, using 400w mh with a 18/6 schedual and temps are always floating between 24-26. My rh is unfortunatly been rather low from 30- 35. I am new at this so please forgive my ignorance willing to take any good advice!

Hey dude, the brown spots kind of look like spilt water(which magnifies light and burns the leaves)and the soil looks fine .....but it says it has food for 2 months, I have learned that soil with extended release nutrients, can be nitrogen heavy in the bloom phase.
    Sayin that tho it is npk 4-4-4, it seems to be feeding your plant ok because it looks healthy.......we can try and get NebulaHaze in here, she is good at diagnostics. Welcome to the forum btw and happy growing
    The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

• Vapo69
      Vapo69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Your soil looks pretty dry......and underwatering causes drooping too, and the leaves go crispy....but she has good colour....is it an auto or a pheno?..........or a don't know lol

• H4john
      H4john commented
      Editing a comment
      Vapo, forgot to mention that i had just transplated it yesterday so i so know they can get droopy from transplant shock but she was droopy even before the transplant. I figured she was too big for her old home as the roots were circling around. The soil on the top looks dry but there's alot of fresh soil underneath so i wasnt sure if i should have watered it. Also its a feminized LSD from barneys farm 😄

• Vapo69
      Vapo69 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yeah just keep her happy and let her spread her roots into that new soil, it might be a combo of thirst and the transplant making her droopy, give her a few days to recover, when you water try using the lift the pot method to determine when to water, some(like me)find it better

Hi.. Looks like a a little hair cut would be nice idea. I see the lower leaves are touching the soil, don't think it's so good. Other for those spots the dark green looks very healthy leaves.

Comment

• H4john
      H4john commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey neft! Thanks for the reply will deff look into it. I think its just becuase the plant is droopy. If they dont perk up will deff get rid of them.

Morning H4 , looks to me like she badly needs some water , she's going to be a nice plant, healthy looking, on your feeding start off low, then you can increase if all goes well.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Morning Daas! Thanks for the reply, i just watered her not too long ago! I wasn't sure because i had just transplanted her into a new pot with fresh soil. But i did anyway just incase.

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I didn't know you had just transplanted her, she's gonna be just fine,
        You got some great advice from Nebula an Vapo69, she will be up an going in no time.
        I think they will also start drooping some when they get to much light sometimes in a given period, they will just shut down an droop cause they have already got all the light they needed. But I know that's not the reason.
        Listen to Nebulas an Vapo ,that's great advice.

• H4john
        H4john commented
        Editing a comment
        All you guys are awsome, cant thank you enough.

Overall it looks good! I think the spots are caused by the minor root problems. When a plant is drooping, that means something is up with the roots. Since it just got transplanted, I would give it a few days to recover before worrying too much because overall it looks healthy Just make sure it's a nice comfortable temperature/humidity with a small breeze and plenty of fresh air. Once the top inch or so is dry, that's the time to water it again. Since it's so small, you could start by watering it with only a few cups of water at a time in a circle around the plant because it isn't drinking a whole lot yet.

Basically, you want to be giving enough water that you're watering every 2-3 days or so. If it's taking longer to dry out it means you should be giving less water at a time, and if it's drying out faster it means it should be getting more water at a time. A 400W MH should be about 14" away to start as long as it doesn't feel too hot for your plants (put your hand where your plant is, if it feels too hot for you after 30 seconds it's too hot for your plant), and you can move it as close as 12" once the plant is bigger. It looks like you're doing great!

Comment

• H4john
        H4john commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey Nebula, its a pleasure to meet you! Just wanted to say i love your guys website its the best i've found. Alot of good info on here and I've read plenty so keep up the good work! So my plant is now in a 5 gallon smart pot, its quite big. Will it take longer than 2-3 days to dry out if it's properly watered? Also i got a '6 air cooled hood with a glass pane and a '6 exhaust fan attached to it and its '12 above my plants. I can only feel heat when my hands right under the glass so is it ok to have it at that height?

As far as light distance, pay attention to the plants. If they seem like they're growing well, then I wouldn't change the distance. The thing with grow lights is they can burn your plants if they get too close (even if it's cool), kind of like how you can get sunburned on a cold but sunny day. The main symptom of light burn is the leaves closest to the light start appearing more pale/bleached than the rest of the plant. If everything is green and healthy than you have nothing to worry about.

As far as the big pot, you want to avoid overwatering if possible, and giving less at a time can help with that, but it's better to overwater than underwater. Getting the watering exactly right can be tough at first, but your plant is green and growing so it seems like your instincts are getting the job done so far

Comment

• NebulaHaze
        NebulaHaze commented
        Editing a comment
        Good point! It depends on what type of "slow release". If it's just really rich or amended organic soil that starts with high levels of nutrients (a "hot" soil mix), that's probably fine because your plants will use up the Nitrogen before the flowering stage. What you want to avoid is something that contains slow-release mineral-based Nitrogen. Releasing Nitrogen slowly into the soil over the course of months is great for keeping your grass or ornamental plants green, but the problem is you don't want that much Nitrogen in the cannabis flowering stage. Too much Nitrogen can suppress bud growth. Even rinsing the soil thoroughly doesn't get all the slow release Nitrogen out. Typically you only find something like that in cheap commercial mixes like original Miracle-Gro soil.

• Vapo69
        Vapo69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Nebula

• H4john
        H4john commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok good to know thanks guys. Just a update my plant has perked back up and is no longer droopy.

Just thought i'd show you guys an update, my lsd is growing like crazy. Topped her a couple days ago too.
      Last edited by H4john; 12-03-2017, 12:15 PM.

Comment

• gogolone22
        gogolone22 commented
        Editing a comment
        your hand æ„› love, very pretty

• H4john
        H4john commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you gogolone! Its definatly my favourite tattoo

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X