Advice/Help. Leaves turning white/brown on tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice/Help. Leaves turning white/brown on tips

This is my first time growing and I was after some help or advice.
    My plants are about around 5 or so weeks old, and I've noticed over the last 3 days that the tips of the leaves on the top of one of the plants and on the bottom of the other plant have started turning a brown and white color. Was wondering if anyone has any idea what is causing it

Im growing in coco coir/perlite mix with a 400w HPS light in an air cooled reflective hood. Been using coco canna A and B nutrients and around 1/4 strength and been watering then around every 2 to 3 days with plain PHed water in between nutrient waterings.

Any advice would be much appreciated.
    Thank you in advanced.
    Last edited by SilverIceCat; 11-20-2017, 04:56 AM.

Looks like nutrient burn to me have u fed them before now usually plants don't need fed for the first 3 or 4 weeks so if u fed them before now just skip a feeding or keep it at a 1/4 strength if it happens again give a bit less nutes but yeah I'm pretty sure its nute burn its pretty common just don't let it get worse or you'll stunt ur plants a bit of browning on the tips is the most u went

Comment

If u look at my tips on this one they turn a bit whitish yellow then brown that's nutrient burn if urs looked like this dont stress just cut the nutes back a smidge

Comment

Looks like calcium/magnesium deficiency. I say that cuz they should be a more vibrant darker colored green. I use CaliMagic by General Hydroponics - works great.
        If you don't treat it, the leaves will get uglier.
        ​​​​​
        ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
        Mars Hydro
        Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• SilverIceCat
          SilverIceCat commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you. Ill grab some cal/mag tommorow and see how they go with that.

That looks like a deficiency to me to.
        Like 147 says they should be a good bit darker.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

I would agree with all of the above. Im new to this myself (1st grow) and My plant looks almost exactly the same as you. I went a little heavy on the nutes my first feed got a little tip burn but not heavy. My baby is green just like yours most likely low on nitrogen and a couple other key ingredients. A good dose of cal/mag will help substantially it has nitrogen (good sized dose) sensei by advanced nutrients is 4% nitrogen, calcium, magnesium and iron. I just got my cal/mag today im planning on doing a dose of that and seaweed with plain phed water on my next feed. I would suggest the same for you, as ive gathered info from my help thread and around the web that seems to point in the right direction with my issues.
          ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
          https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
            D.A.A.S.69 commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah a little tip burn ain't a bad thing.

• UrbZ
            UrbZ commented
            Editing a comment
            Yeah my nute burn was so incoincidental it only got the bottom 2 leaves and only like an 8th of an inch on each tip. I myself couldn't have asked for a better result with my first feed.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X