Canoeing leaves and trichomes disappear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canoeing leaves and trichomes disappear

Im a new grower 2 weeks from indoor harvest and have increased numbers of canoeing leaves and now trichomes seem fewer on bud leaves. Not giving too many neuts through the grow, growing in smart 5 gallon pots. Not too close to light and seem to have plenty air. Any ideas guys?

Looks like heat stress. Are they getting enough water

Comment

All symptoms point to heat stress or root problems but i feel everything is on point. I thought light was slightly too close(about 12" on 600w) so moved well away but its just got worse...

Comment

• Flockshot
        Flockshot commented
        Editing a comment
        Even when you move your light back the plant may continue to react negatively for a period of time.

When you get a sun burn, it takes a while before your skin blisters and peels, even though you are not in the sun, the tissue damage is done.

You are correct that 12 inches for a 600w (HPS?) is too close. I would say 16" minimum, and even then, the buds directly in the center will be stressed over time.

• Dutchman1
        Dutchman1 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good info by flockshot. You didnt say what your temps are but it does sound like light damage.

Thanks for that guys, yes hps light temps in flower are around 26°.
      Will my crop still be ok as flowering buds look healthy, i know root system can suffer shock?

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Is that 26 celcious ? Your gonna be alright, you want to try to keep your temps low when growing buds.

Yes Celsius it is. Many thanks

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Your welcome, your avatar reminds me of Ian Anderson of JethroTull.

Its a mural on Glasgow high street called"St. Mungo" by an artist called smaug. I just done the mural trail last week 😂😂

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll be damn, I think that's where Ian Anderson is from ,Scotland. Have you ever heard of JethroTull? ? If you haven't you must be a young lad.
        We are going to Scotland- Wales-Ireland one of these days, it's so pretty over there, plus that's where all of my kinfolk come from.

Yea i googled his pic and i see a resemblance from his early days....and no, i wish i was still young haha!
      You will have to look me up and we'll have a pow wow ya auld heilan Jessie! https://www.davidairey.com/glasgow-h...et-mural-smug/ slàinte

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        That sounds like a good plan, and by the way your doing a great job with your plant, beautiful buds.

Thanks....longest 2 weeks of my life though!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Patience is very hard, but in those couple of weeks, your buds are going to get a whole lot larger, and even prettier if you can imagine that, they are already beautiful.
        Take it easy.

Aqualung my friend, your light is to close 16 is as close asu want to get for 600w hps lol

Comment

Thank you potting 😀

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X