Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pruning leaves

These plants are four weeks old and have been topped
    this is my 3rd grow, my first indoor grow, I want to flower them in two weeks, but should I prune them first, outdoors I never did and I'm really nervous about cutting leaves. They are Ice Cool sweet seeds what do you think?

Hi Bob, nice looking girls you have there. I wouldn't sweat it about taking a few leaves it's a pretty easy practice but should only be done with confidence. As you probably already know that it allows light and air into the middle of your plan allowing for bigger better Bud growth, if they were my plants I would take a few leaves to open up the middle anything that's blocking bud sites or big lower leaves that need to go. There's a lot of information on growweedeasy.com about it and also you can check some of my threads I've taken way too many before and it's been okay.
    If I may add 2 things:
    your temperature looks a little low and
    I would look a low stress training for your plant's too.
    Happy growing Bob.
    You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thanks for the input Mr. Furley I get nervous about cutting leaves away, I thought I was on the low end on the temp, it' in the basement and these cold days are moving in I need to figure a good way of heating it up a little. Happy Veterans Day. Trying to stay one step ahead.

Comment

Happy V.day to you to bob, get your self a heater , a radiant heater works best cuz it doesn't put out any infrared light. I know the struggle it's 35f degrees right now for a high and I've already seen 9 Fahrenheit try to keep your room between 70 and 80 degrees 60 would be fine for the end of flowering but not her veg micro nutrition in the soil thrives above 65.
        Last edited by Mr.furley; 11-11-2017, 03:45 PM.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

They look great Bob,take out a couple of those big fan leaves,let the light in,your going to do fine

Comment

Hello Bob, I agree with the others ,take some of those big fans off, or if you don't want to do that, at least tuck a bunch of those leaves behind the others, to get a little light an air in there. Beautiful plants Bob,
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

I switched to 12/12 today I got one V450 (200w actual) viparspectra and a 80w Hans both in the same tent, now will the two different leds be ok together, I ran both during the veg cycle and I seemed ok, I don' want to screw it up now, just 9 more weeks until Ice Cool should be done!!! I switched the viparspectra to both bloom and veg and the plants love it maybe it' the extra 100w's they like one more thing I got an extra 80w Hans I can throw in there but don' know if I need it. Trying to stay one step ahead.
              Thanks to whoever reply

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X