Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Male?

Does this look like a male?

Not yet anyway, not for sure. Don't axe em yet. MJ males have balls too. From the two photos I don't see anything definitive. I just planted 7 Wonder Daug regulars and got 5 males. Kinda a bummer but two ladies are better than none. I'll get you a photo of the "sexual apparatus" of a male MJ soon and post em here. Cheers.
    Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
    liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Bedawgs_ here are two photos of male pre-flower pollen sacs. As you can see once they start to get going they cluster together_ no pistils have emerged from the "pods"....just "balls"....Once you see development like this then you can be sure they are males. Get your axe out if you don't want seed stock! If you see only one "pod" developing_ no clusters, and two tiny pistils emerge from the tip_ then you know you have a female.
      If you're growing a number of plants from regular seed then the males usually begin to show their stuff a week or two before the females. Any more questions just ask but this should help. Cheers!
      Current grow_ coco based medium, Fluence LED lights, AIT, 5 gallon planters,
      liquid organic nutrients by Advance Nutrients and Vegamatrix. Strains_ Exodus Cheese (feminized), Meltdown (regular) and Caesar (regular).

Comment

Thank you so much. This is my first grow and im using bag seed for my first. I've got my feminized seeds I will grow next. My next grow will be white widow fast and Neville haze.

Comment

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          You're most welcome, hope it helps. That's what makes this the best growers site! Nice strains for your next one too. I just finished a haze strain too_nice up high.

See is that not male?

Comment

• ZigZag
          ZigZag commented
          Editing a comment
          YUP- that's one for sure. Do what you wish with it,

Yes that is a male.
        You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Hi this is my first grow as well. First pic is a female, 12 weeks old, and the next is the one i am worried about. I cant see if it is a male or female. I took magnified pics. Can anyone help please. Bag seeds as well.
            Attached Files

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks like pistils growing out the second picture so that would be a female but I can't really see

• ZigZag
              ZigZag commented
              Editing a comment
              Yup, that's a female, Jst watch out for any male pods or banana's if your concerned...

I will upload all the magnified pics. Thanks!
            Attached Files

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              Wheeman,
              All the white hairs that I can see are female preflower.

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              How old is this plant?

This is female preflower..two white hairs coming out of a calyxes.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-08-28 19.12.43.jpg
Views:	126
Size:	323.7 KB
ID:	144044
            Click image for larger version

Name:	female-pistils-preflowers.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	174.3 KB
ID:	144045

Comment

This plant is 16 weeks old, but i moved it from a small pot to a larger pot about a week ago and it has grown tremendously. Only started producing these hairs since the replant. Its a strong indica that i germinated in some water, then paper towels, then a small pot plant, then a large one. But where i live the soil is extrenely fertile. I was just worried becuase the other female is almost ready for harvest, and this one is only starting with hairs now.

Comment

This is the whole plant
                Attached Files

Comment

I really dig your pot nice creativity. 16 weeks yeah that's a long time what's your light schedule on this planet?

Comment

Thank you, yeah pots are crazy expensive here, and this allows for excess water to drain very well. I leave them outside. We have really long hot days and windy as well, so i try to move them into the sun every morning, and under cover at night to keep the temp from fluctuating too much. On very windy days i try to keep them under cover as well becuase the wind is hot and dry. Its a bit irregular, but they seem to be growing alright. We also have heavy summer rains, so they get to go in the rain for a bit, then under cover again. The rain water explodes their growth, and the green in the leaves gets dark with rain water compared to tap water. Well these are just a few observations, i might be wrong, but thats why i am trying to get advice. Its becoming such a hobbie, and what other hobbie pays off with a great baking session. I want to buy some seeds next, but need to improve my knowledge base first.

you have been very helpfull. Thank you for all the advice so far. I almost plucked this one out and chucked it, but google and this forum just saved me some heartache i think.

Comment

Wheeman not a problem that what we try and do, make it and bake it. As in the picture it looks like you have or have had leaf miner. And as for the flowing if your plant does not get uninterrupted Darkness, you can stay in veg. you may look into trying to do this moving into a dark closet for 12 hours every night or something like that, you said summertime so I'm assuming you're having long days your plant won't flower unless it's an Autoflower plant until it gets uninterrupted Darkness.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X