No announcement yet.

Calcium deficiency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You guys are going to be worried about the route I took but let me explain... my plant sits in a 3.7gal pot and I feed her with a 80oz (.62 of a gal) pitcher. Yesterday, I gave 10ml nectar of the gods (0-5-0) and 10ml Grow Big (6-4-4) inside the 80oz of water/pitcher (don’t worry this is normal and how I feed my plants). That wasn’t enough water to produce any run off and that was my intent. I wanted to see exactly if nitrogen was the culprit and waited 24hrs to see if any color came back and it did not, no change really (better or worse).

Now today, I watered her again with one pitcher (80oz.) and I decided to give her 15ml big bloom [0-0.2-0.4(?)], 10ml beastie bloom (0-50-30) and 5ml Cal-Meg. Lights come on at 5:45am they get feed around 8-9am. No change really all day until about 4pm when the smaller leaves perked up a bit but the big water leaves stayed the same.

My pot is small it drys out every 2-3 days or shorter if I turn the dehumidifier on. This give me more work but I can expierement more which is why I like growing so much. So now the root system should be loaded up with nutrients and my plan is to just use water the next time (promise) then, just water again plus Cal-meg and check the trichomes (this should take a week). As of today, every trichome still looks clear. Hopefully in a week they will become cloudy and I can just keep using water only but we’ll see.

Comment

Comment

Comment

I never worry about what other people do with their grows, you and you alone do Hands-On and know your plant better than anyone else we're only here to throw ideas. I think you did the right thing.. my next suggestion would be to cut off the leaf that has been affected by deficiency so you can see if it spreads to New Leaf if you never see it again problem solved
          good luck
          You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Have you ever given “talking rain” or some kind of carbonated water to you plants mixed with regular water?? I heard this was supposed to be good for the roots from someone at a dispensary. I’ve never heard of it... you?

Comment

• Mr.furley
              Mr.furley commented
              Editing a comment
              I have not used any fancy bottled water, some peeps that get really concerned about ppm's use reverse osmosis to grow starting with the cleaner base water is to feed their plants only what they wanted to have. For me it's not economical with anywhere between 8 and 12 plants at a time in 1 to 5 gallon pots I'll go through 20 gallons of water in a week's time which would cost more for water than my power. With only one plant to feeding and using a little under a gallon it could be feasible with cost for you to have a lower PPM to start.

Just gave the struggling leaves a foliage spray with 2.5ml of Epsom salt ( magnesium sulfate) mixed in 80oz. of water; Ph 6.2. Fingers crossed.

Comment

I sprayed the plant for 2 days with that water/epsom salt mix and it looks like the color loose has subsided. The affected leaves seem to not recover but majority of her is still green.

Still watching the trichomes and still look clear. As for the pistils, the lower pistils seem to be turning brown before the top cola, which doesn’t seem normal... I thought the top would mature first and then work its way down(?).
              Last edited by Cberdahl; 06-13-2018, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                  D.A.A.S.69 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  @Cber, it's natural for your plant to turn yellow, close to harvest, it means she's feeding off of her leaves. And about to complete, her life cycle,
                  I'd be very carefulwith your plant using nutrients.
                  When my plants are your age all they get is molasses and water, until harvest, nothin with lots of Nitrogen in it.
                  Not saying that's the reason, your leaves are turning yellow, but I think it is, I can't see your pictures, very well, with my old eyes.
                  But GoodLuck

• starramus
                  starramus commented
                  Editing a comment
                  definite geriatric problem. wake up! time to die!

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X