Can you diagnose this problem?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can you diagnose this problem?

Hi all, thanks for reading. My plants are roughly 4 weeks old, grown in coco coir/perlite/clay balls.
    I'm still using 1/4 strength nutes.
    They have been developing spots or marks on the leaves, and I'm completely unsure of the cause.
    I've attached some pics to take a look at. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Looks like a bug problem but exactly what bug problem is a bit of a question. Spots on the leaves are often a sign of spider mites (I am currently battling those and my leaves look a bit different from yours). Another possibility is fungus gnats. Another possibility is slugs/snails. I would say look through the following page and try to identify anything that looks like your current grow. http://www.growweedeasy.com/bugs-pes...marijuana-grow

Typically you can salvage your crop if you stop a bug problem early on. It looks like you may have one but I am curious to see other replies on this. Best of luck with it!
    Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
    Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

What is your ph in and coming out..
      can you show pictures of the underside of the leaves as well..
      Are you currently using any calmag..

Comment

Originally posted by ellz View Post
        Looks like a bug problem but exactly what bug problem is a bit of a question. Spots on the leaves are often a sign of spider mites (I am currently battling those and my leaves look a bit different from yours). Another possibility is fungus gnats. Another possibility is slugs/snails. I would say look through the following page and try to identify anything that looks like your current grow. http://www.growweedeasy.com/bugs-pes...marijuana-grow

Typically you can salvage your crop if you stop a bug problem early on. It looks like you may have one but I am curious to see other replies on this. Best of luck with it!
        Thanks for the response mate. I've inspected the underside of the leaves thoroughly and can't see any signs of mites/bugs. I'll take a look at the link though. Cheers!

Comment

• ellz
          ellz commented
          Editing a comment
          Here's hoping you resolve it and have an awesome yield!

Originally posted by Green75 View Post
        What is your ph in and coming out..
        can you show pictures of the underside of the leaves as well..
        Are you currently using any calmag..
        PH has been a steady 6 going in. I'll measure the run off now and get back to you. Yeah I've been running Cal/Mag. Cheers man.

Comment

second to last pic, the one with the little white squiggly looks like a leaf miner.
          3rd Grow
          Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
          Tent- 4x4x6.5
          Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
          Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
          Pots- 3gal fabric
          Nutrients- None

Comment

• ellz
            ellz commented
            Editing a comment
            Was thinking that too...or slug/snail trails. Good call!

3rd Grow
          Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
          Tent- 4x4x6.5
          Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
          Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
          Pots- 3gal fabric
          Nutrients- None

Comment

Originally posted by Kpenn View Post
            second to last pic, the one with the little white squiggly looks like a leaf miner.
            Hmm true. Maybe it's a few different problems as opposed to one.

Comment

I agree with Green75 looks like calcium deficiency or ph fluctuation. I had a similar problem growing in coco, you really have to keep up with the calmag ......your plants might need a touch more. Good Luck!!!

Comment

Originally posted by carblevel View Post
                I agree with Green75 looks like calcium deficiency or ph fluctuation. I had a similar problem growing in coco, you really have to keep up with the calmag ......your plants might need a touch more. Good Luck!!!
                Yeah ok thanks for that. I've had a similar response from people on other forums. I'll measure run-off, adjust accordingly and up the Cal/Mag. Cheers.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X