White Powdery Mildew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White Powdery Mildew

Anybody having this problem before?.. it's happening 2days ago ..so i search here in GWE..and one of the way to fix this problem is spray the neem oil directly to the leave.so i did ,i spray the neem oil half an hour before night time,so i don't burn the leaves.
    .and today i still see some of the white powder.
    should i spray the neem oil again ..or is this normal?
    How long does it normally until it's go away..
    I just not sure whether i should spray the neem oil again..or wait for a few days..
    Thank you in advance

If it were my plant (and I have had plants that had this) I would cut all the fan leaves OFF that have the powder on them. It's not mildew - it is mold. And I wouldn't spray it anymore.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

I would remove all signs of mold (like Canuck said) and make sure you have fans moving the air around plants. Also, check how you water your plants; only add water directly to the soil (if that's your medium) and keep water off the leaves as much as you can - shake the plant to get any water off the leaves if needed. Diluted neem oil is okay for veging plants but you don't want to spray your buds and you don't want to use it very often.
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• Cimenk
        Cimenk commented
        Editing a comment
        I grow in 2 medium..DWS and mix between the pellets and those little tiny rockwool cubes.and yes,i always water to the medium...i had bad experience with broken stem..so i try not to shake them..lol..
        I mean..as long as i don't get water on to the leaves,i don't have to shake them

I wrote an article about WPM if you're interested. I like using SM-90 (1 part SM-90 to 5 parts water) as a foliar spray with a mister. If you lightly spray the leaves, they will be more resistant to WPM, and it smells sort of like citrus. Neem oil works, but I personally don't like the smell. SM-90 is also good as a wetting agent, for roots (at 1 tsp/gallon), and some users have actually had luck against root rot in hydroponics (at 1 tsp/gallon). I personally really like the stuff and always have some around, especially for my outdoor plants if they get stressed by the heat.

Comment

• Cimenk
        Cimenk commented
        Editing a comment
        Thank you..and i will definitely check that article..

Thank you guys for the input...so i finally get rid of the white powder...i did cut the leaves..but since it's already too much,i can't keep cut and wipe with paper towels.
      so i spray it again with the neem oil only this time more direct.i use Small sprayer..and less strength ..less mixture too off course.
      Now they're looking so much better.
      As for the smell.. I think neem oil smell ok,kinda like citrus too.i never had an experience with SM-90 ,so i can't compare these 2 product.i only use neem oil because i already have them.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X