Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brown Spots on Veg Leaves

Hello Everyone,

I recently started growing my second grow and ended up getting some feminin seeds this time around. I have a Special Queen #1 and a Canuck Bubba Kush. I am growing in Fox Farm recycled soil from my last grow. In a 3x3x5 grow tent with a 1200 Watt King Plus LEF Light. So right now I’m growing the plants in small containers first in order to develop a stronger root system and gradually transplanting the plants into bigger container until I get to the final home fore them. So right now I have been having issues with my Bubba Kush, but let me be advised that I feed both plants the same (big bloom and grow big). So My Bubba Kush I noticed at first started to grow deformed leaves but then it went away but from the start I’ve been noticing that the leaves end up developing brown spots and sometime tips. So what I thought maybe I nute burn them so I flushed them but same thing occurred again. And then I thought it was windburn so I turned my osculating fan around toward the wall of the tent and the same thing is happening again. So I’m thinking it might be a cal mag deficiency or it might even be genetic? And my other special queen number one is perfect nothing bad going on with her. Do you guys have any ideas of what this issue could be?? I have attached one image of my Special Queen and a couple of the Bubba Kush and it’s spots coming out again.

Thanks,
    TRD
    Attached Files
    Last edited by TrdTaco; 10-20-2017, 12:36 AM.

Recycled soil? Did you flush the soil before using it?
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Yeah I’ve used this soil in a previous grow before and yes the soil was flushed and left outside for awhile.

Comment

Morning trd taco, if what you have marked in red is your only problem, that ain't nothin to worry about at all , I would be worried about your pot size ,if they were mine.. , they look pretty good to me except your pot size. Good Luck with them TT.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Thanks D.A.A.S.69 and yeah I’ve already transplanted them to a bigger pot. Well the thing is the spots start off small and the progress and get bigger.

Comment

I am having the exact same problem man. My leaves look identical to your.

I posted a pic of mine as well, my responses were calcium def, phosphorus def, ph, or bugs.
            Those guys know more than I do, so I started from there.

i had been giving my girls water at about 6.2pH alternating between nutes and regular water.

If you check the ph absorption chart, calcium and phosphorus both need a little higher pH to be absorbed at an optimum level. So I raised my pH to 6.8 on my watering today and I also flushed with nutes.

Once I tested my run off it was reading like 3.66 salinity so I think I was getting salt buildup and the low ph being on the lower end didn't really help.

3rd Grow
            Amnesia Haze, Bubbliciois, Super Skunk
            Tent- 4x4x6.5
            Light- 600w HPS/ 220w COB
            Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
            Pots- 3gal fabric
            Nutrients- None

Comment

Although this is my first grow and I'm just putting in my 2 cents, for all I know I'm gonna go home and my girls will be dead. So take what I say with a grain of salt.. I will post a pic on this thread in a day or two and let ya know of the progress.
              3rd Grow
              Tent- 4x4x6.5
              Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
              Pots- 3gal fabric
              Nutrients- None

Comment

3rd Grow
                Tent- 4x4x6.5
                Medium- KindSoil/FFOF
                Pots- 3gal fabric
                Nutrients- None

Comment

Hi Everyone,

its been awhile since ive been on from the last issue I had my plants where having some issue which pretty much resolved itself out. But now I’m in flower and I’m having a huge problem now. My leaves on my Bubba Kush are horrible. They have all these copper yelloish spots on them. I’m not sure if it’s a calcium or ph problem.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Looks like phosphorus deficiency.
                    ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
                    https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

It does but it looks like it a combination of phosphorus and potassium as well. Thanks for that picture it’s a big help.

Comment

That makes sense. Both are needed in larger amounts during flower. Having a deficiency in both correlates.

Are far are they in flower?
                        Last edited by UrbZ; 01-02-2018, 04:17 PM.
                        ~UrbZ~ Grow Big or Go Home!
                        https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-torpedo-seeds

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/growing-community/185330-urbz-second-grow-journal-3-strain-grow

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X