Spider Mites

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Spider Mites

Can Vendex 50W be used to kill spider mites? The label indicates that it will kill supermites and is safe to use on cucumbers & tomatoes in a greenhouse setting. Has anyone used this product? Is it safe to use on my plants?

Don't know anything about Vendex, but Azamax was very effective against those nasty little arachnids.

Comment

Azamax = essentially Neem oil, respective the active ingredient, azadirachtin

As for that Vendex, the info I get about the active component...yikes...

It's not even allowed to use in residential areas. You will smoke that shit.... no thanks.

There are not many mites that can survive a nice mix of insecticidal soap ("potassium soap") mixed with some neem oil. This is 100% safe, for your plants and for you.
      I wouldn't use any chemical insecticides, even if they are "approved".

Comment

• Mel2055
        Mel2055 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks Flexy123, that's what I thought, but I figured I put the question out there. I know it's a commercial product as my friends own a greenhouse (that's where the mites came from. We got some plastic sheeting from them and I didn't even think about it holding the mites). I am currently using Ivory Soap with water. Can't find Neem Oil here (we live in northern Alberta Canada).

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X