Gnats in grow tent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gnats in grow tent

What is the best way to get rid of pesky Gnat like bugs in the grow tent?

Fly strip.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

Howdy SRS, What is the growing medium that You are using? I grow in a DWC and add some Azamax to the water and ,or spray the plants with it when (or if) I get any white flies or gnats. I have seen where folks that use soil or coco coir put a layer of diatomite earth on top of the media to help control them. The yellow fly strips will help by trapping the adults also.
      Good luck with Your grow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Household peroxide cut in half. Drench upper inch or two of soil. Should "foam" your soil a bit. Repeat a week later. No more bugs. Kills the larva, does not harm your plants.
        Organic only soil grower
        Current: Medgom Auto (CBD Crew and (Grassomatic)
        Set up: 300w Galaxy hydro LED, DIY insulated growbox, dual thermostatic exhaust fans, dual circulation fans, thermostatic 300w heat, remote temp/humidity monitor.

Comment

Gnats are almost ALWAYS an indication for overwatering, they lay their eggs in moist/wet soil.
          Water properly and let the soil dry out between watering...the gnats will go away.
          You can in addition also cover the top of your soil with sand, perlite, etc....so that they cannot get in there anymore and lay their eggs.

Also..gnats are "relatively" harmless, they are more a danger for small seedlings.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
          X