First time grower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time grower

Does she look normal this is my first time growing.I'm now just learning and I'm looking for grow tents lights and the rest so any good advice on what kind of supplies to get thanks

Start with a better light.
    ​​​​​​3 X 3 gorilla. Promix soil . Green Planet Nutes
    Mars Hydro
    Vortex in-line 6" fan

Comment

• Wolf66
      Wolf66 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks

No, I'm afraid she doesn't look normal. This may sound pretty harsh and I could be wrong, but (imho) she seems to be.....dying? Was she a clone or from seed? How old is she? Either way, she's not looking too hot. She's still very young though, so if you still have some seeds or clones left, I would suggest starting over rather than continuing and spending all your time (and money) trying to save her. Trust me, if she is dying, she's not worth saving at this young stage. It's just going to take the fun out of your first time growing experience. Or you can continue and perhaps try to save her and gain some experience?

Next time though, try to start off right from the beginning. Get some decent lights for veg, then you'll need double those lights for flower. If you have the cash, might as well spend it wisely the first time. Not sure what your budget is though. Can you describe your setup, lights used (wattage too) and how close you had them to your plants, soil you're using, nutes used, how often you water, etc. better for us? All that info would better help us help you.

By the way, you can also check out the GWE's Complete Beginners Guide for more detailed information for first time weed growers.
    Last edited by Cannabliss; 10-16-2017, 12:29 AM.
    Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
    White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

Well I hate to say it.as a teen I lived in FL near swap land.so I never really had a problem growing.well I'm 50 now and started smoking last year when I move to southern CA.we're the weather is very hot.I went to a dispencry and bought a teen clone last month .I bought some soil.and a 50watt grow light.first two weeks of Sept I just gave it water.and left the light on from 8am to 8 pm.just one light bulb.then the 3REweek I started to do research.then from there on I started adding 150watt. Led.then going back and fourth on light schedule from 24 -24 to 12-6 18-6. But now before I start again I'm researching grow tent.kits and gonna research the plant info before I start again.I'm very disappointed in myself

Comment

Sorry if my comments sounded harsh above, Wolf66, but I'd rather be honest with people and they learn a few things from past "mistake", than to tell them they're doing an awesome job and they learn nothing. By the way, if we learn from past growing "mistakes", then they're not mistakes at all, but learning experiences so we become better growers.

Don't be so hard on yourself, my friend. We've all been in your situation one time or another. I know I have (several times too lol). Just keep researching and try again. Have questions along the way, come back here and the many experienced growers will be happy to help out.

As far as your description goes, looks like you may have started off good, but somewhere after buying the LED something went wrong. Perhaps the LED lights were too close. Sometimes even if it's just a 150w LED, if placed too close for too long, it can fry your plant with the intensity of the light. The up and down light cycles were possibly not only confusing her, but perhaps even stressing her out. If all you gave her was water, perhaps she needed a very small dose of nutes? Some nute feeding schedules come with doses for 'cuttings'. Maybe that dose or half that dose would have helped some? But you say you're going to do a bit more research before your next grow; that's awesome. Have any particular grow tent kit in mind so far?
        Cannabliss - Grow The Bliss
        White Widow Grow Journal

Comment

• Wolf66
          Wolf66 commented
          Editing a comment
          No actually I thought your were being helpful.lol I was expecting people to be harsh on here but so far honest and nice people giving good advice.than for all the information.and yes I'm gonna start right this time so right now I'm trying to figure out the right grow tent was gonna get a grow tent. Bringer kit but was told not to go that route.so now I'm back to tent and trying to figure out the right light I just want to make sure I get all the right stuff this time.my old ways don't work lol I swear back in the 70 it was easier lol but thank you for all you information.I am talking not from you and everyone else

Hey Wolf66 welcome to the forum dude, don't be down or discouraged, GWE has you covered mate, I was where you are now just a short year ago, but I have already built the skill set and knowledge to not only get a plant to harvest, but how to dry and cure it after and all the manipulation in between dude, surf some GWE and the pieces will come together
        The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

okay started my second plant it pop up on nov 5 im using happy frog and fox farm ocean forest soil.and i got a Galaxhydro 300 w im keeping the lights on 24-7 for veg am i just using water for the first two weeks.feel frre to leave your advice

Comment

Hello Wolf66, Your gonna do great this time. Keep reading Nebulas advice on GWE, and if you have any problems, all you have to do is ask, there's plenty of friendly, knowledgeable,nice people on GWE .
            I've got one of those GHydro 300 lights and i start with my light about 22-24 inches away from the seedlings and they seem to do well .
            Good Luck, your gonna do great.
            What kind of seeds are you growing?
            Cfls for a week or two
            315lec for everything else
            Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
            36x36x63 inch tent.
            6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
            Smart pots
            Molasses
            Autoflowers

Comment

thanks D A.A.S. 69 the seed came from Mexico my daughter boyfriend brought it back from their vac lol. but im thinking on ordering bubba kush seed i really like that strain

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                If I was growing my first mj.plant I would pick an autoflower for sure.
                Dinafem seeds has BubbaKush autos.

Got to start somewhere just keep on trying it’s a steep learning curve but you’ve stumbled apron a good bunch here willing to help any way possible. I’m sure we will hear more from u,and welcome to the show! Lol

Comment

Comment

Comment

This is my second try at growing my first time was very bad she fought hard.this time I hopping to start out better.the soil I am using is fox farm ocean.and happy frog. I'm using a galaxhydro Series 300w.the plant pop up on Nov 5 the taller one.I didn't realize two seeds fell in too.they pop up on the 7th and 9.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X