Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leaves curling and looking limp

Hello this is my first plant and it is in around 3 weeks of flowering

about a week and half ago the leaves at the 2 tops started to curl in and down and look a bit limp i thought this may have been due to light stress or heat burn so i moved the lights up a fair bit its not on as many lower leaves and even only half effects some leaves, my problem keeps getting worse, cant really relate it to any other problems.

i have had a couple of these little brownish camouflage coloured fingernail size bugs on the plant but i remove them when i see them

I have 2 75 watt CFL's and a pretty crappy 80 watt LED, The plant is in a tent, took the photo when i was cleaning out the tent for the bugs

Morning 420-420. Looks like your plant made a little comeback good job. But she still has problems. Looks like to me heat stress, possible root problems from improper watering or not checking ph. Get some pictures of your bugs. Next time now that you see how MJ grows, read Nebulas articles about how to grow , they will really help you grow some killer bud. Its not hard at all. But you must start with good soil. And proper watering. Real easy ,if you need help read GWE , everything you need to no is on there. Or just ask , but after reading first you can have an idea of what's going on with your plant. Happy Growing 420.420
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

thanks man and yeah im starting to think it may be ph problems because i dont have a ph kit and i feed with my nutrient every week is that ok or must i nutrient 1 week, water the next, nutrient again ect

Comment

All you need is some P an K bloom nutes , some feed every other day, some feed every 3 days. 420 you have done pretty well so far without phing, your water, but thats one of the MOST important things is your PH. Your plants can't take food in without a proper ph. Kits are only about 5 bucks , meters about 15bucks. You gotta have one if you want healthy plants. Good Luck 420-420
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

well im using B.A.C organic bloom nutrient at the moment and cheers im going to get a ph kit tommorow

Comment

I think this is a lighting issue. There have been a number of similar posts that all use CFL lighting/LED lighting who have similar problems and I think that it has to do with that more than anything. Just my 2cents.
            Whoever's growing a small patch of cannabis behind the gymnasium, congratulations! You have won a cruise! Report to security to claim your tickets.
            ---------------------------------------------------------------------
            Ellz GrowCam Channel on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7Z...pnwuazYQD6URA/
            Ellz GrowCam Time Lapse Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...1nS2a9LvXEdmya

1st Hydro Grow: 600W MH/HPS Homemade Bubbleponics Homemade Cabinet - White Poison (White Widow x Durban Poison) COMPLETE! Final yield: 10.2 ounces off 2 plants. 124 days total from seed (34 days vegetative + 90 days flower)

2nd hydro - Peyote Cookies and OG Kush https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-mh-strain-tbd COMPLETE! Final yield: 11.8 ounces combined, 2.7 ounces of Peyote Cookies (150 days from seed), 9.1 ounces of OG Kush (138 days from seed).

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
              D.A.A.S.69 commented
              Editing a comment
              No dought about him needing new lights but that's all he's got I think ellz.

As so often when we grow weed, everything can affect something else.
            For example, when your light is weak, it means your plant grows slower because it gets less energy which it would otherwise put into growing.
            And when it grows slower, it also means that it would use less nutes...so you might end up overfeeding even if you give the "correct" amount of nutes that a plant would use when it had maximum light.

That being said, with clawing down I would at first always look into overwatering since this is the most common cause for clawing down. The plants then would look limp and "heavy".

As for bugs, you should get a cheap loupe or a tiny microscope from ebay. (Personally I like the 40x something loupes better than microscopes). It may well be that there is some infestation but you won't know without really checking with a loupe. If you see some larger bugs on there, chances are there are some smaller ones as well.

Otherwise agree with the others, proper watering and pH <---- if you get these two things right (which is easy), you already cover 95% of problems! Not much can go wrong if you water right with the right pH.

Comment

alright thanks flexy that first paragraph really helped me figure it out i think i must be watering it too often with nutes everytime so im going to water a little less often and only add nutes half the time, i also baught 2 ph test kits a stick one and one were u mix some shit with the soil and it changed colour. the stick read at about 5.5 and the other was 5.5-6, is there any easy way to make it more alkaline?

Comment

• Flexy123
                Flexy123 commented
                Editing a comment
                Did you measure your tap water/nute solution or run off? I never care about runoff or soil, this is always lower (more acidy) than the water.
                Otherwise, for tap water 5.5-6 that would be unusually acidy, IMHO. I never "upped" my water pH ever, I only down it with "pH down". And this also only when I use water only since the nutes I am using (FloraNova Bloom) already take care of the pH. (My tap water is 7.5-8), with the nutes in it it's just right.

Edit: I once got a "stick" for measuring pH which was the most worthless crap I ever bought off ebay. May be the case there are better brands measuring sticks, I am sure, but I consider the measuring drops better. They work fine for me. The stick was just all over the place and I remember this thing never stopped counting up/down.
                Last edited by Flexy123; 10-12-2017, 11:51 PM.

Yeah PH, is real important, check it also before you put the feed water in and also check it when it comes out the bottom of your pot. Some folks feed every 3 days, yours might not need watering every 4 or5 days cause your lights aren't strong enough to put out to much heat to dry the soil out. The one meter you just got that you mix up soil with is for checking your soil ph. Not water, as for adjusting your ph you need to get some PH up, an some PH down so you will have both ,just in case. You need to get a water ph test meter not soil. They are cheap as hell on Amazon. I tell you what would really help you grow great bud is to read and study GWE, Nebula an Sirius have written everything a person needs to grow killer bud. Read about lights an ph, an how to water properly. Really the part about how much light you need. Good luck 420
              Cfls for a week or two
              36x36x63 inch tent.
              Smart pots
              Molasses
              Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X