White mold on cloth pots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

White mold on cloth pots

This started a couple weeks ago I took pics and asked about it on another forum and was told not to worry about it it is just salt or calcium.. we are having fairly high humidity here the past couple days I just switched to flower 2 days ago growing in coco using cana coco nutes in a 3 X 3 tent with 2 300 W lights I have 2 fans sitting on the floor of the tent blowing air around the pots and 1 fam on top blowing air at the top of the plants and a 6" exhaust fan sucking air out so I have a lot of air moving around in my tent, this is my first grow... when I peeked in on my plants today this is what I saw the mold had creeoed up the pots just about to the top, I do not see any on the plants yet..

Hey roccus have those pots been used before or is that the first time ??
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I had the same problem but I didn't have mold mine was like salt or something but what I did was sprayed some PH water on it and it's cool but I do spray the pots every other day

Comment

It looks more like buildup to me, because I can see some of it sort of cracking off in this pic. If it's mold, it typically appears fuzzy or dusty like flour, but doesn't easily wipe off. Can you get a closeup of one of the spots?

Overall your plants look amazing

Comment

Hey Roccus, I may have said this in a different thread too. My cloth pots look exactly like yours and it's definitely salts / buildup from synthetic nutrients. In my case I knew it was salt because on one plant the white stuff gets bigger when I give it a nice feeding. You can actually watch the white stuff grow as the water goes through the medium. The water is flushing the salts out and they leach through the fabric a little.
          4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

Dude I don't know...........I've seen this before somewhere......can't remember where......but that brownish patch is where you have touched it?...right?....it sort of melts when you touch it!!.......I would scrape that stuff off dude.....even if I'm wrong, might be better to get rid of it anyway dude
            ​​​​
            The more I know, the better I grow.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
            X