white powder mold

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL white powder mold

This is the second time growing in a tent,both times w.p.m. I have fans 2,ventilation system.How do I get rid of it?

Do you disinfect your tent between grows?

Comment

• Phil420
      Phil420 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes I wipe it all down with bleach and water.

Like DKN, said disinfect your tent after after each grow, You have got to get something to monitor your humidity an temp with if you ain't got one, that mold sh-t Can come from your pet's an lots of other places. Some say uv light will help prevent it . That mold can lay up in a dormant state an pop up anytime if you don't disinfect your tent.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I'm gonna get something to clean it out and try,try again!

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
        D.A.A.S.69 commented
        Editing a comment
        Good deal P420 , wishing you well.

White Powdery Mold is typically caused by stagnant, hot, humid air. What's the temperature and humidity in your tent? Can you give us a picture of your setup with the plants and fans so we can see if there may be a way to improve the airflow? Is the WPM striking a particular part of the plant (for example it's common at the very edges of the tent because those leaves tend to get less airflow)? If the plant is very bushy/leafy, it can sometimes help to defoliate the inside of the plant a little, so there are fewer leaves adding water to the air and to help more air get through the inside of the plant and prevent stagnant pockets of air.

If you're trying to get rid of a current infection, I've had good luck using SM-90 as a foliar spray with a mister at 1 part SM-90 to 5 parts water. It smells good and kills the WPM overnight.

Comment

• tvbfe
        tvbfe commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the SM-90 tip,

• Phil420
        Phil420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ty,I'll be trying sm-90,asap!

Phil were you able to clear the WMP up?
      My Growing and going full tilt NoTill NTG thread https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...l-tilt-no-till
      The universities do not teach all things

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X