Leafs are turning in like claws

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SOIL Leafs are turning in like claws

Hi guys, this year I'm doing my first grow. I was growing four plants outside and already harvested a small auto. As the day shortened and daylight hours were about 12-12, I moved my remaining three plants inside next to a window in one of my rooms to control darkness at night and to prevent from cold temperatures at night. All three plants have been flowering for the past three weeks - two were male, which i brought back outside, and the biggest one is a female - it's taller than me. Everything was going great with her until I noticed new leafs close to the flowers are curling down and in - like claws. This started two days ago. I open the windows during the day but close them at night so the plant is getting some air circulation but not much at night. It's been getting cold where I live with temperatures ranging from 7-20 C or 50-70 F outside - it's probably warmer inside where I keep the plant.

Morning Sofiahooligans, what a hellava name, what size pots are you using ?? Looks like heat problems to me if you have sufficient pot size.
    Last edited by D.A.A.S.69; 10-07-2017, 11:35 AM.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

I agree it looks a lot like heat or possibly root stress. Does it have enough root space? How often are you watering it? Did anything else change right before you saw symptoms?

Comment

The pot is 11 inch (29 cm) in diameter and soil is 8 inch (23 cm) deep. In summer, when it was hot, I was watering every 2-3 days; now that temperatures have dropped and the plant is in flowering, I've been watering every ~4 days.

Comment

Morning Sofiahoolagins. You don't water by the day but water only when the soil is dry. Learn how to tell when to water by picking up your pot when it's dry it's super light .Then pick it up after you have watered to runoff and you will see how much heavier it is. Learn to tell the difference it's really easy. PS.I believe I would also put more soil in your pots, up to about an inch from the top. Good Luck maybe Nebula will be on here in a little while to help you further.
          Cfls for a week or two
          36x36x63 inch tent.
          Smart pots
          Molasses
          Autoflowers

Comment

Looking at the stem size, the pot is small, and you only filled it like half-way. 23cm of soil is very little. I feel almost bad for the plant. Curling down is *usually* from overwatering, but doesn't look like it in your case so it may well be related to the roots. Otherwise, looks good and if it got taller than you as you say, actually pretty good for a first-time grow.

Comment

Hi guys, my plant has been flowering for more than a month now but it is not looking good and is getting me nervous. Its leafs have been turning yellow (which I see could be normal in late flowering stage), but I'm also worried about hermie growth. The plant has lots of buds, but they have not been thickening or growing for 2-3 weeks now. In addition, ever since I brought it in, spider mites appeared. I've been keeping the windows open for air circulation and to keep the mite population in check, but I'm considering just bringing the plant back outside where spiders would eat the mites. The problem is, weather has been getting colder with temperatures close to freezing at night. Please check the pictures and let me know what you think.
              Attached Files

Comment

Those curly leaves at the top are often caused by root problems, for example over watering or underwatering. Just to make sure, you're giving enough water to get at least a little runoff, you're removing the runoff right away, then not giving water again until the top inch is dry. It also could be that your plant is rootbound, which happens when the plant is in a too-small pot, or the same pot for too long. Now that I look at your pot compared to the plant size, it does look very small. What nutrients are you using, if any? It also looks like you need a lot more light if you want to get significant buds. The amount of bud fattening is directly related to the amount of light the plant gets in the flowering stage. Overall it looks pretty healthy though!

Comment

Thanks, NebulaHaze! I will add some artificial lighting during the day in addition to the natural sun light. When watering, I'm always getting some runoff, but kept the plant a little dryer since the start of flowering. I'm using a mixture of soil and compost from organic waste. Around July-August I added some more fresh compost and some organic fertilizer. I will try and add some more compost to the bottom of the pot now as I can see the soil really getting compacted over time from watering etc.

Comment

Morning Sopiahooligans, What some great advice Nebula just gave you, good luck with everything.
                    I've also had good luck with troubled plants by supplying them with a little kelp..
                    Sure hope everything works out great for you.

Cfls for a week or two
                    36x36x63 inch tent.
                    Smart pots
                    Molasses
                    Autoflowers

Comment

Hi guys, I was wondering how close I am to harvest - pretty much all hairs on buds have turned dark. Buds remained somewhat small, but that's due to insufficient light during flowering - more light next year!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                      X