Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Present is dying

morning guys,

about 2 week ago a friend gave me a Present, a Seedling. She was living outside but i took her inside and put her under four 65Watt CFL lights. (each light 325W and 6500K)
    She was sick from the beginning and was already losing her bottom 2 leaves. I measured the PH of the soil and it was always between 5.5 and 7. as far as i know that should be okay.
    not perfect but okay. That water i feed her with has a PH of 6.2 to 6.4. rainwater. she is now in a tent under a 18/6h cycle.
    but she leaves are getting worst. she already lost the 2 leave about the bottom leaves and now the rest starts to look sick. ( see pics )
    also i found some bugs in the earth and around. she herself is clean from any bug,as far as i can see it. the bugs stay only in and around the earth.
    please have a look at the pics and tell me what u think.
    are the light maybe to hot ? 30-32 C
    have the bugs something to do with it ?
    or should i change the soil ?
    i didn't start feeding her yet because at first i thought is nut. burn but like i said. I'm not sure...
    please give me some input...

and like always

thank u guys

PS so happy the forum is back online

oh yeah, there is also a smaller white or grey bug but i didn't get a pic of him. it was to fast.

Hi John Thai, That looks like some nutrient burn to me, and perhaps a little too much water. Read on GWE about bugs and get rid of em: http://www.growweedeasy.com/bugs-pes...marijuana-grow
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

The bug looks like a thrip? Read up on GWE about how to handle that but I think you really need some better soil. Buy a quality soil like Fox Farms Happy Frog or Ocean Forest and add some peralite - I make a blend of all three for my girls.
      I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
      Blue Mystic (7 gal)
      VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
      Coco Coir w/30% perlite
      Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

ll
        Originally posted by alltatup View Post
        Hi John Thai, That looks like some nutrient burn to me, and perhaps a little too much water. Read on GWE about bugs and get rid of em: http://www.growweedeasy.com/bugs-pes...marijuana-grow
        Hey, alltatup,

"Editorial Assistant? Did Nebula and Sirus finally put you on the payroll?
        I like big buds and I can not lie.

Somango XXL (3 gal)
        Blue Mystic (7 gal)
        VIPARSPECTRA 450W LED Grow Light
        Coco Coir w/30% perlite
        Fox Farms Nutrients plus Cal-Mag Plus

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Dagmar Hahahaha!!! No. Nebula asked me what title I'd like to have, and when she wouldn't go for Supreme Timeless Godess of Cosmic Wisdom, Compassion and Sticky Icky, I settled for Editorial Assistant.

• Dagmar
          Dagmar commented
          Editing a comment
          Too, too funny!

Morning JT, Bro, your plant looks like it's been thru hell to me. Probably from trying to take extra good care of it. Yours looks like it's been drowned and then burned up. Definitely need better soil. I ain't trying to be mean ,but I believe I'd start another seed or 2 .They are pretty easy to grow if you got good soil an don't overwater them.
        Cfls for a week or two
        315lec for everything else
        Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

It looks like its suffering from bad soil and too much water. Is it possible to transplant into better soil? At the very least it needs time to dry out between waterings. It would be a good idea to get the temperature down a little, too. If you do have extra seeds, it can't hurt to start them while you try to nurse this one back to health

Comment

Originally posted by Dagmar View Post
            The bug looks like a thrip? Read up on GWE about how to handle that but I think you really need some better soil. Buy a quality soil like Fox Farms Happy Frog or Ocean Forest and add some peralite - I make a blend of all three for my girls.
            Hello Dagmar, thank u for identifying my bugs. i was to stupid to find anything about bugs until i found Bugs, Mold & other... well hidden under Problems & Symptoms.
            my bad... sorry

about the soil. can't find anything online that delivers to me. amazon does not only ebay does but i refuse to pay $90 only for deliver (12 Quart Ocean Forest )
            will move her to a DWS system.

thank you for your help

Comment

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
              Morning JT, Bro, your plant looks like it's been thru hell to me. Probably from trying to take extra good care of it. Yours looks like it's been drowned and then burned up. Definitely need better soil. I ain't trying to be mean ,but I believe I'd start another seed or 2 .They are pretty easy to grow if you got good soil an don't overwater them.
              hey mate, yeah i think u r right. went a little overboard with her. tried to hard to make it work.
              any yes, a new seed would be a great idea

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                D.A.A.S.69 commented
                Editing a comment
                Morning JT, nothin wrong with loving your plants to much, i do the same. From now on you have some great advice from some of the best growers on GWE. They will be glad to help, just ask. Good Luck with your new seeds.

Originally posted by NebulaHaze View Post
              It looks like its suffering from bad soil and too much water. Is it possible to transplant into better soil? At the very least it needs time to dry out between waterings. It would be a good idea to get the temperature down a little, too. If you do have extra seeds, it can't hurt to start them while you try to nurse this one back to health
              Hi NebulaHaze, can't move her to better soil coz i just don't get any but i found something very interesting on the GWE site and moved her today to there.
              Water PH is 6. Airstone and Waterpump are running fine. didn't put any Nutrients in coz i still have one more question before i do so.
              My PPM lever is 83-86 and in the Article "PPM: What it is and how to track it" almost at the bottom is written that in a DWC Reservoir Water should be 400 to 100 ppm.
              so i must get my level up, right ?
              and i will do so by adding my Nutrients, right
              sorry for those stupid question but i just don't wanna make it wrong.

thank you for your help

This step-by-step grow guide will teach you how easy it is to grow cannabis using bubbleponics. This method provides consistent huge yields and a quicker harvest compared to most other grow methods.

Comment

Just like to show you how she looks today...

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  New growth lookin good!!!!!!!!!!

Hey JT , sure looks a hellava lot better today, good job. I grow in soil so I ain't much help with your new system but someone will be on here in a minute to help you. Mighty yellow in your first pics ,much greener now. Good Luck
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

moin alltatup, just wanted to thank u for your help. i was really to stupid to find the bug section on GWE. i moved her now to a DWC System coz i can't get any good soil around here. the new seedling is from the same plant like the first one and i hope i will make her grow better. But still, i haven't given up on the first one yet . i also ordered a 1200W led panel with the hope to get my temperature a little down.
                  my tent is in my spare bathroom and there is no AC so i hope it will work. 32-33 C is just to much.

thank u for ur help

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You're welcome JT!!! Don't give up on that girl; who knows what she has in store for you!

I'm a hydro grower myself. 32-33 C is pretty warm for a reservoir; do you have any place cooler with good air circulation that you can set up? I'm in my second year of growing, and I struggled throughout the first year with root problems because of an overly-warm reservoir environment. Then I installed chillers for both of my grow boxes.

• John_Thai
                    John_Thai commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hello, me again
                    so if u make hydro urself i have to ask you. i used my TDS meter and my water has 83-86 ppm. i didn't put ant nutrients in to this point. in the Article "PPM: What it is and how to track it" almost at the bottom is written that in a DWC Reservoir Water should be 400 to 1000 ppm.
                    how do i raise this level ?
                    by adding my FoxFarm nutes ? right ?
                    sorry i have to ask but i'm not native english and sometimes i just don't get it.
                    i'm so lucky i found u guys

Originally posted by D.A.A.S.69 View Post
                  Hey JT , sure looks a hellava lot better today, good job. I grow in soil so I ain't much help with your new system but someone will be on here in a minute to help you. Mighty yellow in your first pics ,much greener now. Good Luck
                  moin mate, i think i will open a new post for my nute question. thank u for your help and support

Comment

• D.A.A.S.69
                    D.A.A.S.69 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are very welcome JT, and good luck. PS, You would do well to listen to Alltatup, she's got it going on Bro. Especially on the your new growing style.

• John_Thai
                    John_Thai commented
                    Editing a comment
                    thanks man, i just love the support here! it's amazing !
                    thank u all so much

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    D.A.A.S.69 You're making me blush; I'm TRYING to got it goin on...

John_Thai Yes, if you haven't added nutrients, it's time!! But I never add as much as they recommend, especially when a plant is young. I start out at around 25-30% of what they recommend.

And I keep a close eye on the leaf tips to look for nutrient burn. http://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrient-burn-cannabis

AND I just give them 24 hours of plain pH water about once a month just to clean excess salts/minerals out of the plant's system. This way seems to work very well to keeping the leaves looking nice and healthy, and for vigorous growth. ps. YOUR ENGLISH IS GREAT!!!
                  Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
                  2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
                  Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• oldjarhead100
                    oldjarhead100 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    hey JT welcome yes alltatup is the one to ask about hydro ,your girls are looking alot better personally I would cut the tips off of those burnt leafs that way if any new problems show up you can see them

John_Thai Yes, if you haven't added nutrients, it's time!! But I never add as much as they recommend, especially when a plant is young. I start out at around 25-30% of what they recommend.

And I keep a close eye on the leaf tips to look for nutrient burn. http://www.growweedeasy.com/nutrient-burn-cannabis

AND I just give them 24 hours of plain pH water about once a month just to clean excess salts/minerals out of the plant's system. This way seems to work very well to keeping the leaves looking nice and healthy, and for vigorous growth. ps. YOUR ENGLISH IS GREAT!!!

good morning,

thank you for your quick answer. As you said i put now from both Nutrients around 25% in of what they recommended. i will carefully watch them for nute burn! don't want that again. also i adjusted the PH level.
                  and i'm also very happy that my first girl still has brown leaves but since i moved her it didn't get worst. so you guys where right with the bad soil ! you properly saved her life.

alos, thank you for the tip with the plain water. i will start doing it as well.

and thank u for the compliment

thank you all for your help

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are welcome, brother! ;-}

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X