Plants at different growth stages

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Plants at different growth stages

Hi - welcome from the chilly UK! I have a small hydroponic setup. Unfortunately I had a problem with my rockwool and the set up and (of the four plants I started) two of the plants are, effectively, a month or so behind the other two. When I move the first two to a 12/12 light cycle will I have to put the slower two into a separate 18/6 light cycle set up? Would a 12/12 mess them up - they are still very small. I assume so. Advice appreciated. PS Any alternative to rockwool - I haven't found it great. Thanks guys

Hello wilsonm from Canada lol. Well I'm unsure on the lights but I have a small hydro set up as well and I use clay pellets instead of Rockwool and haven't ran into a problem so far with it. Hope this help

Comment

Hi wilson, If you only have a small hydro setup, you can't separate them, can you? Even if they are small, they will transition into flowering along with the bigger two. If you have 2 setups, of course you should separate them and let the runts grow out.

rockwool: I started with it, hated it and switched to Root Riots (like Rapid Rooters). I turn big end down in a germination tray on top of a germ. mat set around 85 degrees (pardon my Farenheit), snip a little hole in the small end, lay the seed in like a hot dog, moisten the RR with pH'd water and let them germinate in the dark. Down side of this method: you gotta keep your eye on the RRs and keep them just moist, don't let them dry out. Most of the seeds pop within 48 hours.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Tazard
        Tazard commented
        Editing a comment
        I use rockwool. What is inside the root riots (I just assumed it was composted organics or other stuff I didn't want in my DWC reservoir?

thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated. I will split out the smaller plants and put them into a conventional soil set up. I have bought root riots for my next batch - hopefully cuttings from the previous growth.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Just make sure you keep the RRs moist and warm. I know some folks put a germination tray on top of the fridge...

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X